IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

11 hours ago, Chappers said:

Personally, I think the club have over-priced this one. Man U are always a bigger draw, there is the risk of it being a pointless game, and there has been a lot of expense lately with Christmas and football. I also think they should have applied the members discount on this occasion, just for once accept that fans don't have an endless supply of money! Mainly because some of us have spent so much of it watching City for the past 40 years.

quite agree got tickets for both games but think the club could have charged twenty pound home leg max also a bit unfair on the real Man City fans travelling down charging thirty four quid especially when they dropped prices for us

4 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

quite agree got tickets for both games but think the club could have charged twenty pound home leg max also a bit unfair on the real Man City fans travelling down charging thirty four quid especially when they dropped prices for us

I don't really get the argument about their prices, if they knew they could sell out the game I bet they'd be charging £30 plus as well, if we were to drop to £20 a ticket we'd be losing out on around approximately £156,000, pays a top player for around 10 weeks for us, the club isn't in the position financially where we can afford to do this.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

I don't really get the argument about their prices, if they knew they could sell out the game I bet they'd be charging £30 plus as well, if we were to drop to £20 a ticket we'd be losing out on around approximately £156,000, pays a top player for around 10 weeks for us, the club isn't in the position financially where we can afford to do this.

but they rarely sell out there home games and were talking a semi final mind as the guys quoted train fare hotel 100 quid an i booked when draw was made with xmas just gone all these games especially if your taking kids it all adds up

9 hours ago, shelts said:

Got home and away tickets . Manchester City over two legs and away in the first I can see why many would want to see the outcome of leg one . People are feeling the pinch with many massive games recently.  

And we have.

Opportunities like this don’t come along often. And if the unthinkable does happen we’ll be delighted we saw it first hand.

Passion and belief.

And I’m still thinking we’ll finish top two :fingerscrossed::yes:

14 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

Going to both legs. For folk looking to make the Manchester trip a little cheaper I managed to get Megabus to Manc land for £7.50 each way and Easy Hotel (twin room) for £37.

i will probably curse these decisions when I’m stuck on a coach going nowhere and get a terrible nights sleep but you gets what you pay for! 

That’s a good deal on travel and hotel, but it would mean taking 2 days off work. Sometimes time is just as important as money, many can’t afford to give two days holiday up.

i myself only purchased my ManC home tickets in the early hours of New Years Day, wanted them to be the first tickets I bought this year! I had already purchased my away ones and coach travel and booked Derby away and coach, so the club isn’t doing too bad out of me.

16 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

Works the same the other way. Serves non-season ticket holders right for not buying a season ticket...

Surely you must understand that all City fans would like to buy a season ticket. I’ve been a ST holder for years, but due to having two sons who are now involved in ‘other’ football matches on a Saturday, it’s not now viable for me to pay out £4-500 for something I would hardly use.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And we have.

Opportunities like this don’t come along often. And if the unthinkable does happen we’ll be delighted we saw it first hand.

Passion and belief.

And I’m still thinking we’ll finish top two :fingerscrossed::yes:

A top two finish is a massive ask . Not impossible . Improbable . 

Got mine bought and wouldn’t miss it even if we went 15-0 down in the first leg! But I hope we are still in the tie. What a night it could be if so. 

Really don’t understand why it’s two legged though. Completely kills the magic of the cup for me, all cup games should be one off affairs, and to only have it for the one round....pretty much kills of all hopes of an upset. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Got mine bought and wouldn’t miss it even if we went 15-0 down in the first leg! But I hope we are still in the tie. What a night it could be if so. 

Really don’t understand why it’s two legged though. Completely kills the magic of the cup for me, all cup games should be one off affairs, and to only have it for the one round....pretty much kills of all hopes of an upset. 

Completely agree.  It would seem an obvious way of easing fixture congestion too.  Would love it to have been a one-off game at a neutral venue - Millennium or Old Trafford for example, saving Wembley for the final.

Being old enough to see City play Spurs and Forest in our only 2 League Cup Semi - Finals i just can't get the same level of excitement or hope of going through watching some mega bank rolled juggernaut who have bought their way to the top, taking on an exhausted injury ridden squad of City players who had given everything when taking on another bank-rolled mega squad play thing namely Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The home ticket prices  are way overpriced for both sets of fans for what could be a dead duck ,Leeds United away will be expensive but i'd rather save for that where we at least have a fair chance of winning. 

3 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

After what happened last night, I think Bristol City will be properly fired up at the Etihad, and if City play their kids I reckon we could turn them over. Or at least get a draw

Genuinely baffled at referring to us as Bristol City and Manchester as simply City.... :blink:

As for the reasons for the slow sales, it is clear that people are wanting to see if they're paying over £30 for a glorified friendly.  I'm surprised the club hasn't had an early bird price for tickets given that they recognise the first leg concerns too, which they clearly do by rushing the sales options to general sale before the first leg is played.

25 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Genuinely baffled at referring to us as Bristol City and Manchester as simply City.... :blink:

As for the reasons for the slow sales, it is clear that people are wanting to see if they're paying over £30 for a glorified friendly.  I'm surprised the club hasn't had an early bird price for tickets given that they recognise the first leg concerns too, which they clearly do by rushing the sales options to general sale before the first leg is played.

To be honest 14k sold so far , still on priority members who have been to four or more games , next members in general and so on , see what we have sold in a week or so but the game is actually 3 weeks today !

After complaints from almost every premier Club on fixture congestion over the festive season, would love to see some common sense  employed and the League Cup semi final next year being played in a one off game (no replays) at a neutral venue. Imagine City v Manchester City at a packed Villa Park with our fans in the Holte End !  Tickets would be like Gold Dust. We would easily sell our 20,000.

2 legged affairs are often boring  with risk adverse tactics in the first game  ,with all the action saved for the 2nd leg or in the worst case , a dead rubber as one team has an unsurmountable lead from the first leg. Not surprising  the home leg Man City sales are slightly slower than the one off Man Utd game. Have no doubt we will sell out eventually after the tickets go on general sale.

Exception being the Play Offs where 2 legs  are played after the season end and don't create fixture congestion.

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Surely you must understand that all City fans would like to buy a season ticket. I’ve been a ST holder for years, but due to having two sons who are now involved in ‘other’ football matches on a Saturday, it’s not now viable for me to pay out £4-500 for something I would hardly use.

I was being fasicious in reply to a guy saying serves season ticket holders right...

4 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

After complaints from almost every premier Club on fixture congestion over the festive season, would love to see some common sense  employed and the League Cup semi final next year being played in a one off game (no replays) at a neutral venue. Imagine City v Manchester City at a packed Villa Park with our fans in the Holte End !  Tickets would be like Gold Dust. We would easily sell our 20,000.

2 legged affairs are often boring  with risk adverse tactics in the first game  ,with all the action saved for the 2nd leg or in the worst case , a dead rubber as one team has an unsurmountable lead from the first leg. Not surprising  the home leg Man City sales are slightly slower than the one off Man Utd game. Have no doubt we will sell out eventually after the tickets go on general sale.

Exception being the Play Offs where 2 legs  are played after the season end and don't create fixture congestion.

I wouldn't even mind a one legged play off at a neutral ground.

Archived