IGNORED

Manchester City home game - slow ticket sales

ChippenhamRed

Bloody typical - sat there with two tickets for the Atyeo in my basket this afternoon and the wife rings. Car won't start. Close down the computer, leave work early to collect the kids from school. Upshot, new battery fitted at a cost of £100+ and now all the tickets sold out!

So if we get 25k+ in 3 consecutive matches there is a consultation - man city, Man Utd and 1st v 2nd within 5 games was exceptional this year, let's revisit if it happens again, will be the outcome I would wager. 

1 hour ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Has anybody received their tickets yet? 

Purchased mine during first priority for members.

I'm still waiting for mine too, only ordered mine last weds, i know others who have ordered earlier and still waiting for postie to deliver. :blink:

5 hours ago, Red Homer said:

Bloody typical - sat there with two tickets for the Atyeo in my basket this afternoon and the wife rings. Car won't start. Close down the computer, leave work early to collect the kids from school. Upshot, new battery fitted at a cost of £100+ and now all the tickets sold out!

Wouldn’t be too concerned at this stage. There maybe a number of people re-selling their tickets after tomorrow’s game. Possibly for a lot more than face value, but more likely considerably less. 

We’re concentrating on the league...

On 1/8/2018 at 14:51, View from the Dolman said:

Update to the above... the Post are reporting that we won't be meeting this requirement as the actual attendance at the Wolves game (i.e. those physically present and not including all ST holders) was below the 25k trigger. 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-citys-carabao-cup-run-1066567

39 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Update to the above... the Post are reporting that we won't be meeting this requirement as the actual attendance at the Wolves game (i.e. those physically present and not including all ST holders) was below the 25k trigger. 

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-citys-carabao-cup-run-1066567

That`s interesting. I thought it would go by published attendance figures (which I`m sure the local residents would want it to be) whereas we all know that the numbers actually at AG is always below that.

I suspect the council can`t be arsed to get involved so they`re happy for us to use the lower figure.

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That`s interesting. I thought it would go by published attendance figures (which I`m sure the local residents would want it to be) whereas we all know that the numbers actually at AG is always below that.

I suspect the council can`t be arsed to get involved so they`re happy for us to use the lower figure.

Not just Ashton......everywhere.

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Not just Ashton......everywhere.

I'm guessing it's a tax thing perhaps?  Attendance now means tickets sold for the match.... I remember when we used to go the other way in the 90's and (allegedly) under-declare the attendance....I remember being sat on the wall in the Williams and everyone singing "What a load of rubbish" when the attendance was announced and it was obvious that about a third was lopped off the actual figure!

On 1/15/2018 at 19:26, View from the Dolman said:

Plot twist... the council now say that the Manchester City game will activate the clause as they will use the published attendances...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/council-tell-bristol-city-provide-1084284

22 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Plot twist... the council now say that the Manchester City game will activate the clause as they will use the published attendances...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/council-tell-bristol-city-provide-1084284

Interesting, I suppose if the club can provide sufficient evidence to the council that the wolves game was under 25k then this would stop the trigger.

11 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

The council will soon back down when Lansdown has a say. 

Not so sure tbh...

Though it would be harsh indeed- perhaps even should be challenged on this point- to enforce it the 3 of 5 given the run of games which brought it about were fairly exceptional. Certainly when this agreement was made, it wouldn't have been forseen really at all.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Not so sure tbh...

Though it would be harsh indeed- perhaps even should be challenged on this point- to enforce it the 3 of 5 given the run of games which brought it about were fairly exceptional. Certainly when this agreement was made, it wouldn't have been forseen really at all.

The only hope of Bristol ever getting anywhere in their fight for the arena at the moment appears to be reliant on support from Lansdown. Don’t be surprised if he were to help partially finance one in the near future, or perhaps even upgrade plans for one at Ashton Gate  

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

The only hope of Bristol ever getting anywhere in their fight for the arena at the moment appears to be reliant on support from Lansdown. Don’t be surprised if he were to help partially finance one in the near future, or perhaps even upgrade plans for one at Ashton Gate  

Well when you put it like that, then yeah I can see it a bit more...

Could be a good deal for the council that- and popular too...and god knows they  need some of that as they are quite poor let's say.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well when you put it like that, then yeah I can see it a bit more...

Could be a good deal for the council that- and popular too...and god knows they  need some of that as they are quite poor let's say.

I have heard whispers from a city development suit at the council that figures within the council are trying to push for expanded plans for the AG arena. Obviously assurances with other things, such as a huge nearby car park being available to reduce the need of a multi story being built at Ashton Gate, would need to be made in behalf of the council for anything to happen with it.

4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

No..... This has been earmarked for the councils new open sewerage treatment facility.  A path around the area is planned to satisfy the dog walkers.

The dog walkers` path has now been re-routed as it was found that it would go right through the middle of the planned travellers` site.

Archived