IGNORED

Sky commentator just said......

Lanterne Rouge

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

He actually said “senior players”.

Difficult to know who you would call a `senior` player I always think. Flinty, Korey, Marlon, Frankie, Joe & GON I guess but would you include Mags? Bobby (last season)? Bailey (given he only signed in January)? Tammy? Pato? I think it`s always going to a majority thing irrespective of age or experience.

I just thought it was an interesting thing for Steve to say.

Haha it does make me really laugh that ALL last seasons problems get smacked onto Lee Tomlin.. **** me an arrogant little **** he was yes but are people really naive enough to think he was the genuine cause of the club going on a record losing streak.. far too of a simplistic view IMO.

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Difficult to know who you would call a `senior` player I always think. Flinty, Korey, Marlon, Frankie, Joe & GON I guess but would you include Mags? Bobby (last season)? Bailey (given he only signed in January)? Tammy? Pato? I think it`s always going to a majority thing irrespective of age or experience.

I just thought it was an interesting thing for Steve to say.

Funny how we see those guys as 'senior' players given their ages. Usually - in most teams - that term only really qualifies Fielding and O'Neil. 

I guess it depends whether you call someone a 'senior' player due to their age, games played, level played at or ability.

SL said the same thing (players saying " don't sack Lee") during one of his interviews with Geoff Twentyman earlier in the season.

I don't think we should read too much into this though, SL clearly made his mind up to stick with LJ come what may. He makes all the important decisions - if the players had said don't sack Cotts (or SOD) he wouldn't have taken any notice as clearly couldn't stand either of them.

1 minute ago, CodeRed said:

SL said the same thing (players saying " don't sack Lee") during one of his interviews with Geoff Twentyman earlier in the season.

I don't think we should read too much into this though, SL clearly made his mind up to stick with LJ come what may. He makes all the important decisions - if the players had said don't sack Cotts (or SOD) he wouldn't have taken any notice as clearly couldn't stand either of them.

I agree, don't think we can read much into the comment. Would the players actually have the balls to say to him "yes I think you should sack LJ" anyway given SL is effectively their paymaster?!

2 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I think you are bang on with that but if nothing else it sends out a message to any player thinking of coming to us that we don`t just hire and fire on a whim which can only be a good thing.

4 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Interesting second para. A few years ago I would have definitely agreed. I think SL now may be slightly different and have learnt from his own mistakes. Now, I would for once believe he is taking opinions rather than acting on his own views. 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think you are bang on with that but if nothing else it sends out a message to any player thinking of coming to us that we don`t just hire and fire on a whim which can only be a good thing.

It also will help us with managerial recruitment post LJ ( whenever that will be).  

Archived