IGNORED

Watford starting xi

Londoner

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think LJ said in his post match that Taylor, Woodrow and Eliasson would all be starting against Watford.

Suspect it will be:

Steele

Vyner Platovic Magnússon Kelly

Eliasson Bakinson Morrell L-Evans

Taylor Woodrow

I bought my ticket a while ago and am more than happy to go and see this rag-tag bunch of youth and cameos stuff Watford.

Edit: although...I'd absolutely love to see the myth that is Arnold Garita play.

Morrell is still at Cheltenham I believe, had his deal extended didn't he? More likely to be Andrews considering he was on the bench for Paterson at QPR.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Morrell is still at Cheltenham I believe, had his deal extended didn't he? More likely to be Andrews considering he was on the bench for Paterson at QPR.

Neither him nor Moore have officially had deals extended.  The initial loans were to 1 January.  Both players have however said that they expect to stay for the whole season at Cheltenham.

If it hasn’t been extended I would give both a run out before sending back on loan.  

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Am I right in thinking we can't play Engvall this weekend as he wasn't registered at the time of the draw, or is it that a player can't play in a replay if he wasn't registered at the time of the first tie?  I'm sure there's a rule out there like that...isn't there?

Steve - I think the rule is based on the date of the first tie...so he ought to be ok (happy to be corrected).  The rules come into play for replays, but also postponents too.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Steve - I think the rule is based on the date of the first tie...so he ought to be ok (happy to be corrected).  The rules come into play for replays, but also postponents too.

Thanks Dave - knew it was something like that.  Watford and Man City beware then....the Swedish Assassin is coming for you!!!! 

I'm sure Lee won't put out a team just to be lambs to the slaughter. Remember this could be a third successive loss and it won't be good for morale if we suffer another heavy defeat. We should be looking to win. I'd rest the players carrying knocks for sure.. Brownhill, Paterson and Baker but have one or two seniors in there. We may even have a new signing or two to try out. I think the Fleetwood game last year was the first time we saw Djuric, Hegeler and Bailey Wright? Could be something similar this time.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm sure Lee won't put out a team just to be lambs to the slaughter. Remember this could be a third successive loss and it won't be good for morale if we suffer another heavy defeat. We should be looking to win. I'd rest the players carrying knocks for sure.. Brownhill, Paterson and Baker but have one or two seniors in there. We may even have a new signing or two to try out. I think the Fleetwood game last year was the first time we saw Djuric, Hegeler and Bailey Wright? Could be something similar this time.

Particularly with a fourth on the horizon next Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

If the Liam Walsh et al rumours are true I fully expect them to start. Watford is a free hit imo.

If anyone is going to Watford and fancies doing a small piece for the podcast please get in touch. I’m not going so need someone who is to give a reasonable account of the game.

Steele

Vyner Wright Maggs Kelly

Brownhill Pack Bakinson Eliasson

Woodrow Taylor

Fielding Flint Bryan Andrews Edwards Garita Hinds 

2 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Woodrow, Taylor & Eliasson confirmed starters by LJ.

Ok, so Taylor instead of Hinds in the starting XI.

I guess Engvall would be the best option to play as ''false winger'':I saw him play a match with Sweden U-21 some months ago,and I remember that he played often in a wide position.

On 02/01/2018 at 14:37, Port Red said:

Neither him nor Moore have officially had deals extended.  The initial loans were to 1 January.  Both players have however said that they expect to stay for the whole season at Cheltenham.

If it hasn’t been extended I would give both a run out before sending back on loan.  

Now reported on BBC that their deals have been extended.

Anyone listen to Macca’s 16 minute audio interview yesterday?

Seemed to indicate a stronger line-up than most of us want / have suggested.

Is three days complete rest, a decent enough break?  One for you fitness guys to answer.

I think we know Woodrow, Taylor and Eliasson will start.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Anyone listen to Macca’s 16 minute audio interview yesterday?

Seemed to indicate a stronger line-up than most of us want / have suggested.

Is three days complete rest, a decent enough break?  One for you fitness guys to answer.

I think we know Woodrow, Taylor and Eliasson will start.

I think after the schedule the players have had a three day rest will feel like a very good break.

I'm sure we'll make 5 or 6 changes to the line up. I can see Vyner and Kelly starting as well as the 3 you mentioned. 

We mustn't forget we are playing a premier league side, although I'm unsure how strong Watford will line up,

so we need to have that right level of Youth & Experience.. the last thing we want is another heavy defeat. 

I think come Saturday on the back of three days rest and not playing since the previous Monday.. a lot of the lads will be ready to go again, that's not to say some shouldn't be rested though. 

Archived