IGNORED

OMG what a massive bang down to earth!

man in the middle

I don't think that anyone should be criticising this team. I agree that it was one game too many over this short period in part hampered by injuries. 

I think a level headed approach is needed. Once we rest our team, have a few returns from injury and maybe strengthen with a couple of key players, we will still be heading towards a play off spot. 

Slight bump in a rather long and up until now road. #Believe

17 minutes ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Not a bang down to earth for me. I, like many, remain grounded. A comfortable top half finish I’d be happy with. Play offs would be a bonus, despite where we sit currently. 

Onwards we go. 

Agree with this. I didn't expect to be in the top six pre-season and tbh I still don't. Yes we have a five point cushion but that's nothing over 20 games.

Unless we bring in some seriously quality reinforcements I reckon we will end up mid-table. Disappointing I guess from where we've been, but still a very good season given our resources relative to the bigger spending clubs in this division.

5 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Are you all serious after the start we’ve had you’d be happy with top ten and so forth :laugh:, Little old Bristol City, no wonder we’re a lagging stock, no ambition from too many followers.

Not too sure what a ‘lagging stock’ is but not everyone is desperate to get to the premier league....ex-Prem clubs Blackpool, Pompey, Bradford, Coventry, Oldham etc etc demonstrate that it isn’t the Holy Grail that many seem to believe it is....I’d be very happy with progress this season....so a top ten finish would be brill....

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not too sure what a ‘lagging stock’ is but not everyone is desperate to get to the premier league....ex-Prem clubs Blackpool, Pompey, Bradford, Coventry, Oldham etc etc demonstrate that it isn’t the Holy Grail that many seem to believe it is....I’d be very happy with progress this season....so a top ten finish would be brill....

I'd have taken a Top 10 finish at the start of the season, no question about that. Of course I'd love City to win the big prize of promotion, but I seriously think that the Man City double header may seriously put the skids under the season if we don't stay sensible and level headed about the tasks ahead. We need loan signings, and quick. Jon Walters and Charlie Adam could be useful as loans, but suspect we need rather more than that

Put it this way, if at the start of the season you'd offered me a semi final place in the league cup,  4th place in the league and only 2 points of automatic promotion but btw we'd have to suffer a 5-0 drubbing on NYD, I'd have taken your hand off and so would 99% of other City fans.

No bump for me. 6 games in about 2 weeks with a depleted squad? It was clear to see within the first 15 minutes of that game tonight it was one to many

We have to rest players v Watford. Bryan, Baker, Paterson especially. 

I dont think ive ever seen us lose 5-0 and not have it phase my attitude towards the team before. And im a moany negative bastard!

One proud city fan here

We’re in a great position still . If LJ is shrewd in the window he might do the impossible and get us a play off place . The bubble was always gonna burst and it has. Footballs a funny game and I think our owner will back the manager with funds even though he’s stated no silly money 

It was going to happen sometime but if we can quickly recover and start racking up more points hopefully it will be no more than a speed bump on the way to promotion.

We are miles in front of where we were this time 12 months ago, anything in the top half was going to be good at the start of the season. What I am afraid of happening is if we don't get promoted is that a lot of focus will be gone from the fact that it's been a much better season (provided with finish top half) and all we will hear is about how we 'lost' promotion.  It's Bristol City, so it's never going to be easy!

18 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That made I lag out loud !

Archived