IGNORED

Positives from tonight

Major Isewater

I'm certainly not going to start blowing my lid about this result tonight. The team are knackered, we need reinforcements, a lot of those players badly need a rest. No overreactions necessary, it's a poor result in an otherwise brilliant season so far.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The match has finished .

It's clear we need additional quality to the squad . 

Kelly got a few more minutes .

No more injuries.

Yep

yep

Yes he did they were really bad ones

we don't know that yet

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

This thrashing may be a blessing.

I hope so

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

and we were the better side for the first 20 mins!

We were

1 minute ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Hopefully LJ does the sensible thing now and plays a team of kids against Watford. 

Under 12s 

1 minute ago, EmersonsRed said:

Our team needs a rest. Today was always going to happen. 

Yes they do. The problem is LJ has no confidence in Elliason or Woodrow. Or he wouldn't resort to flint up front. We got hammered and had no idea how to stop them breaking. Two of their goals came from OUR corner. 

Rest them all. Play a u23 team with Elliason Kelly Vyner in it even the bloody waste of space Engval. 

In a sense this defeat might prove to be an important marker in our season. It signals the end of an exhilarating period in our recent history and a chance to take stock, learn and move on. I don’t sense any complacency in this team but if there was even a hint of it, it’s gone now. And if there was any doubt that we need new recruits, this settles the issue.

Plus best of all - none of our closest rivals won today. If we’d claimed a credible draw and Derby and Cardiff had both won, we’d be worse off.

We got so much more out of Reid when Diedhiou was playing. When we get him back it will be like a new signing. 

Today was horrible to watch but fingers crossed that was just a little blip. Two very hard games in the space of 48 hours was always going to be difficult. 

Like others have said the kids need a shot at Watford as we're in dire need of a rest. 

Great season so far though and still safely inside the top 6. Onwards and upwards. 

COYR

It is what it is, another defeat at the end of one hell of a run! Thankfully -  Cardiff lost again (their FOURTH in a row - perspective!) and both Leeds and Sheffield Utd only gained 1 point on us over these two defeats. We're still in a fantastic position, deep breaths all around and enjoy the 12 days until our next league game! 

8 minutes ago, RedJim said:

I'm certainly not going to start blowing my lid about this result tonight. The team are knackered, we need reinforcements, a lot of those players badly need a rest. No overreactions necessary, it's a poor result in an otherwise brilliant season so far.

Let Villa fans think they are a better team and have their 5 minutes of gloating over us but I know we will come back from this defeat and finish higher than them and even take that second auto place 

1 minute ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

We lost 41 nil at West  Brom and conceded 6 against Ipswich 10 years ago and still finished 3rd. Players need a rest. No one will moan losing handily Saturday or next Tuesday. After all the hard work the league is our priority and djuric and diedeous return might be just at the right time 

41-nil?????

Must've blanked that one out my mind!  :laugh:

Teams like Villa and Wolves can bring on Multi Million pound players we can only bring on players like Matty taylor who is league 1 quality at best. We need to strenghten the squad with 4 or 5 players that are championship quality if we want to stay in the play offs

Archived