IGNORED

Positives from tonight

Major Isewater

Just now, westonred said:

Teams like Villa and Wolves can bring on Multi Million pound players we can only bring on players like Matty taylor who is league 1 quality at best. We need to strenghten the squad with 4 or 5 players that are championship quality if we want to stay in the play offs

We'd already lost by then. But it's a fair point to make over a season. 

7 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

When your neighbour is a Villa fan and brings this lot around to wish me a new year!! Fair play, made me laugh :thumbsup: “one for each goal” he said. 

C358F820-2FBE-4D9A-BAE8-8315F82B07D4.jpeg

A friend of 20 years is a Villa fan. Not one iota of gloating from him tonight and I didn't pass any the other way we we beat them last season. 

Gloating between friends is shite. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

We'd already lost by then. But it's a fair point to make over a season. 

Yes but at the moment we cant rest players and freshen things up Leko Elliason Woodrow and Taylor just arent good enough to start lets hope that this was a wake up call and Steve gets his wallet out if he seriously wants premiership football 

Just hope we can weather the next couple of games. We need to rest players so a weakened team against Watford is a must, we then have Man City both these games will likely be losses, just hope it's by small margins. Winning is a habit, but so is losing, and I really don't want to see all the hard work and effort the guys have put in start to unravel. Rest up, re-evaluate and push on COYR

3 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

That’s a disgrace, no cider in sight? Is this guy tacking the piss :laugh:!

To me, cider comes in either a 2.5l or 5l container anyway. 

Is this clear stuff what the young 'uns drink these days? 

33 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Hopefully LJ does the sensible thing now and plays a team of kids against Watford. 

Trouble is, we play kids against Watford and get another thrashing then what's the next match, Man City away! LJ may want to put a stronger team out than he was planning on Saturday just to stop the rot.

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

A friend of 20 years is a Villa fan. Not one iota of gloating from him tonight and I didn't pass any the other way we we beat them last season. 

Gloating between friends is shite. 

So right. I learnt a lot about someone tonight. One quip would have been ok ( albeit painful) but the triumphalism by text after every goal from a Sofa fan who hasn't been to Villa in a decade was crass.

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

So right. I learnt a lot about someone tonight. One quip would have been ok ( albeit painful) but the triumphalism by text after every goal from a Sofa fan who hasn't been to Villa in a decade was crass.

Exactly. Especially from those that never go. (although it's one for the memory Bank if we beat them in the playoffs). 

For me its like telling everyone you're going out with a film star because you watch all their films. 

Never going to games is not being a fan*

*I specifically mean those that have never gone and never will.  

One walloping doesn't make a team a bad team. Conversely getting last minute winners doesn't make us a wonder team.

I have seen eight promotions in my time supporting City and without consulting the record books, it was rare for any of them to escape at least one poor result, en route to automatic promotion.

It's a setback, but not the end of the world. How we recover against Norwich will give us a better view of where we are going this season.

Injuries and tiredness were always going to be a problem with the number of games, despite that, the lads have done us proud, love Bobby to bits but he is not and never has been strong enough to be isolated up front, Leko and Woodrow are not worth any wage, not good enough as starters or subs! Taylor shows promise, but he has not improved on his div1 performance. Engval has suffered a recent dip in form but we need a front player at least until our injured forwards are match fit

SL has said no spending spree, so send the wasters back, sell the also rans and pursue loans that are good enough to start and ease some of the pressure on the first team regulars!  

And what about our u23’s and loaned out players? Surely we have a few that can be given a chance! Cotts stupidly had little faith in them, time for our progressive management to show some faith and ease some pressure!

Archived