IGNORED

Tranmere 6 0 defeat

old red eyes

Well remembered with the Tranmere result. I recall seeing the result in the paper at the airport on the way back from holiday abroad and was in total disbelief. That was how you got results in those days  with no internet if you were out of the country.

I'm sure next game we won 2-0 at Brentford

In our first game of the 1905/06 season we lost 5-1 at Manchester United.

Did it put the players off their daily diet of a pound of tripe, 50 woodbines and 17 pints of milk stout?

Hell, no!!

We said an extra prayer at evensong and won the next 14 consecutive League games. A record that stood for 101 years.

Harry Thickitt's red and and white arrrmeeeeeeee!

In a lot of way reminds me of our 4-0 demolition of Huddersfield last year.

We stuffed them, everything we tried worked, and well, they looked useless. Villa pulled us apart today, made us look second rate, and with six efforts on target scored five. LJ played a Hail Mary at half term, it did not work and we ended up more Benny Hill than Damion Hill, but it was clear what we were doing was not working. As bad days at the office go, this was right up there, but we all know how we can play.

More disappointed in a lot of ways with the Wolves result than this as on the day it was there for us.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Also, we thrashed Derby 4-1 this season! Since then they’ve looked unstoppable unfortunately!

Onwards and upwards. Massive reality check. Hope we got it out of our system all in one (two) go! 

At least we’re defintely safe. 

47 pts? Is it yet definite? Think we might need 1 or 2 more to be sure. All retrospective.

11 hours ago, old red eyes said:

We bounced back from that Friday night result and got promoted. We also got stuffed at Ipswich in play off final season. It happens, ktf, FTG. 

This game came to my mind after yesterday. We do have a habit of picking up the odd heavy defeat in successful seasons. At least we didn't finish yesterday with 9 players on the field.

11 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

This game came to my mind after yesterday. We do have a habit of picking up the odd heavy defeat in successful seasons. At least we didn't finish yesterday with 9 players on the field.

Made a last minute decision and drove up to Wirral for my own on this one :blink:

Bad decision !!! :mf_sleep:

A Friday night game too :shutup:

7 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Robbie Turner got a red IIRC, who was the other? That was a seriously depressing night! :(

36 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Me too. All the way in a clapped out mini van with no heater. Chucked it down the whole game too didn`t it?

Can’t recall RRH - Rememeber getting truncheoned trying to leave after the fifth !!!!

(Who got sent off ? Robbie Turner ?)

All in all it was a good night !!!

:laughcont:

Edit 

Sorry now seen  @Ska Junkie has mentioned the sending off already 

I went up for the weekend and took my Everton supporting cousins to Prenton park for our game and then went to Goodison the following day. If I heard 'you're sh*t' once more, in the annoying scouse accent, that weekend, I wouldn't have been responsible for my actions.

Too be fair, we were total garbage that night! :(

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

You could well be right KR, it was a long time ago after all.

It certainly was.

But, I didn't worry about it then and I'm not worried now. We're still in a great position. If we can strengthen a bit and keep on going, I can't see why we can't get second spot. We've shown we can match the other teams going for it. Someone's got to finish second, can't see why it shouldn't be us.

Archived