IGNORED

Freddie Hinds

GrahamC

Seen some of their fans kicking off cause GJ said they took him as a favour to give him experience of being part of a match day squad or something along those lines.

It's a pity we can't loan him out to anybody else now, but hopefully next season we can find him a good club to go out on loan at where he'll get more of a chance. 

It's a bit like last season when McCoulsky went to Torquay, it's not that he wasn't good enough, he just couldn't get in ahead of an inform striker. 

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Ah I see. Could play him against Man City though. Worth keeping around until more come in? 

Morrell is staying on loan at Cheltenham for the season apparently, as is Moore.

But seeing as Conor Lemonheigh- Evans and big Arnie Garita were both on the bench v Man U whereas Hinds has scored twice for us in the competition already, I'd say that Hinds was very likely to be a sub for the Man C game.

45 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Exciting player is Hinds. Making the bench in league two is actually a decent accomplishment for his age. I expect he learnt more than being in our under 23s

I actually thought Hinds might’ve learned more staying here, but that was before we got Woodrow.  I think he could’ve spent more time around the first team squad and learned more than going to Cheltenham.  I think he could’ve been Bobby’s mini-me, and even got some minutes, replacing Bobby, to keep the same style on the pitch.  But what do I know.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

You might be right. Just going by what I think I remember tinnion saying about players going on loan like mccoulsky to torquay, who expect to play but learn a lot from being on the bench trying to force their way in. I'm not so sure Hinds would have been a success coming off the bench for us if he couldn't get in cheltenhams team. Taylor and Woodrow would be cheltenhams best players, yet are both arguably not up to the level of strikers we need. So Hinds is way off at the moment imo.

Yeah, totally accept that dropping down a couple of divisions to get game experience is the normal way, but he hasn’t got much experience other than being in the CTFC match day squad.  Tinnion certainly knows more than me, but the lad was on a crest of a wave, and I think he would’ve learned more training with better players (ours) that Cheltenham’s (no disrespect).

He played 174 minutes for us.

He’s played 286 minutes of league football, 139 in the Checkatrade. I’m not including FAYC, because he would’ve got that with us.

I don’t think that justifies the loan...in the same way you could say the same about Woodrow the other way.

Odd 10 minutes here and there with us would’ve slightly eased the burden on Reid, Paterson etc.

1 hour ago, swanker said:

What’s he done at Cheltenham?

Apart from being a substitute (usually unused) for most games, nothing. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Exciting player is Hinds. Making the bench in league two is actually a decent accomplishment for his age. I expect he learnt more than being in our under 23s

Hardly getting onto the pitch for a team currently 17th in League Two, isn’t much of a learning experience. If he’s currently not good enough to play at League Two level, it would have been better to send him to a National League team. 

Archived