IGNORED

LJ's honest assessment

Esmond Million's Bung

53 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just seen his post match interview and I found it to be a very honest and fair assessment, the most important point for me was this quote LJ: “We’re going to give the boys two or three days off, away from football, to rest up. They need that.”

https://twitter.com/bcfctweets?lang=en

You can't argue with that..Will do them good .

56 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just seen his post match interview and I found it to be a very honest and fair assessment, the most important point for me was this quote LJ: “We’re going to give the boys two or three days off, away from football, to rest up. They need that.”

I thought he did that tonight ? 

I would guess the players have been running on empty for a while. The adrenalin has kept them going but the last minute goal for wolves probably knocked the stuffing out of them mentally and it resulted in a 5-0 drubbing today. 

Some good rest and help for the physiologist and they can bounce back. 

Just hope they don't take a pasting at Man City.

3 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I would guess the players have been running on empty for a while. The adrenalin has kept them going but the last minute goal for wolves probably knocked the stuffing out of them mentally and it resulted in a 5-0 drubbing today. 

Some good rest and help for the physiologist and they can bounce back. 

Just hope they don't take a pasting at Man City.

I don’t think a pasting Vs Man City will be too detrimental. Most teams get one! 

We need a league win ASAP to banish any doubts that may creep in. 

Its rare you listen to your manager after a 5-0 defeat and agree with everything he says. It hurts, but I believe in him and this team and i know we can bounce back. Only concern is the confidence of Hörður who i thought had come on leaps and bounds and Baker. Baker definitely is class and shoukd recover but has LJ lost faith in Hörður?

1 minute ago, hoxton casual said:

Its rare you listen to your manager after a 5-0 defeat and agree with everything he says. 

Was just thinking exactly the same. No secret last season I didn't always follow or believe in what LJ was saying, but his summary of the game today is exactly how I saw it too, for every single goal. Honesty but also optimism. I also love the comment at the end about Villa fans - his confidence in the team and the system is great.

Totally agree. Football is indeed a funny old game. We looked in control until they scored with their first attack and then we wobbled. In the second half if we had taken the sitter the game would have been in the balance. 

We were also punished by quality. If you give players like Grealish and Snodgrass time and a chance to get confidence they will punish you. Which is what happened. Lessons learned, move on

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Modern day softies....

Back in the day they would have been in tomorrow at 7am and going on a long distance run and not stopping until they drop...

That will teach them...

Totally agree with what Ole, harvey54 and horton casual have said. I posted at halftime about making changes and going for it, at the risk of it backfiring, which LJ did and he is taking responsibility for it not paying off. Would have been interesting if Flint/Taylor had not gone in each other’s way and we had got it back to 2-1.

Undone today by a combination of injuries, the schedule of games and the sheer effort that the players have put in.

Not an easy interview for the manager but he was honest and that’s good enough for me.

Just watched the LJ interview and I have to say that I'm more impressed with him every time he speaks.

Cool, calm and collected. I don't think he shirked a question and he comes across as a thoroughly switched on guy.

Whilst we, as fans, want a quick and absolute fix, I don't think we'd be too remiss to leave it in his and MA's hands. As long as SL backs their judgement as to what is needed both in the short term and (possibly) long term then I doubt they'd get the majority wrong. Obvious caveats are Leko and Woodrow who don't appear to have contributed what was expected of them. As a club who don't have access to parachute payments we have to try to make sure we don't get too many damp squibs.

44 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I would give anyone not involved at Watford 3 days off. We must play a joke side for that surely. 

I don't think the rules allow us to take 11 players on loan from Rovers though.

• Admin

Got to say, that was the perfect interview following a 5-0 by LJ considering the run we have been on.

It is confirmation for me that every last concern I had about him last season is now unfounded with him not throwing a single player under the bus and making himself accountable for the size of the defeat.

If anything, it has made me more excited for our future under him. Fair play Lee :) 

11 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Wolves have proved you can sail off over the horizon with loans including their top scorer. We proved it last season; City need to do the same this month and I fully expect them to do so. 

And Huddersfield, they used the loan system to great effect to get promotion.

12 hours ago, shelts said:

It won’t take long before the haters start hating ....

I'm not sure - it feels different this year.  Have we ever seen such an understanding and measured reaction to a heavy defeat before?  I think everyone recognises just how well we have done this year, and how far ahead expectations it is.  This squad and our manager now have so much credit in the bank I think it would take a very bad turn of events for anyone to turn against them right now.  And I don't think that looks likely to happen anyway.

16 hours ago, boatman said:

Modern day softies....

Back in the day they would have been in tomorrow at 7am and going on a long distance run and not stopping until they drop...

That will teach them...

Four hours running up and down the South Stand with rucksacks full of wet sand on their backs and only being allowed to stop to throw up.

That`ll learn `em!:ph34r:

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

LJ is always very frank in his post match interviews and has always showed us fans respect by explaining why he made certain decisions. Not many managers would even think of it let alone do it. 

He impresses me more and more.

Agree completely. You get the idea that here is a manager who actually knows what he's talking about and who gives a damn. Good on you Lee. They'll be fine after a rest. Football is played just as much between the ears as by the feet and their confidence took a battering. Just a glitch. COYR

8 minutes ago, Meryl Goodrum said:

Agree completely. You get the idea that here is a manager who actually knows what he's talking about and who gives a damn. Good on you Lee. They'll be fine after a rest. Football is played just as much between the ears as by the feet and their confidence took a battering. Just a glitch. COYR

Although the pressure did get to him during our bad run of last season and he visited cliche central and there was an element of 'not my fault' as well, hopefully just the pressure.

Archived