IGNORED

Villa Fans

cheese

Cannot believe some of the arrogance. Honestly shocking from a club of fans I thought were alright. Done nothing but look down on us from the first time we played them last season. Would love it if they languish in the Championship forever.

To be fair it's only those kids to the right and it was the same last season.

But yes, big day out, they really are full of themselves, last year it was only a few days after we had been to Newcastle (a far bigger day out in all regards) and as has been said, this time round it comes before and after far far bigger matches.

I did like the fact they called it our big day out but their club had laid on a pitch length of fireworks. I think it was Villa who made more of it than anyone, to be honest.

If you want to bring a Villa fan back down to earth remind them than in 21 matches in all competitions and nearly 20 years, they have failed to beat Man Utd at Villa Park. :whistle: 

I saw that in the programme, even Grealish referred to the stadium as the best in the championship and that teams raise their games when visiting as it's a big thing.  So clearly the brainwashing is successful at all levels of the club.

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

I saw that in the programme, even Grealish referred to the stadium as the best in the championship and that teams raise their games when visiting as it's a big thing.  So clearly the brainwashing is successful at all levels of the club.

It's just wrong. No two ways about it. Almost as bad as the sags that.

My first visit to Villa Park. Think it's a terrific ground. Had a wander around before going in. Obviously it's now rather dated looking but it has real character. 

Villa fans were pretty quiet. They don't really have any songs bar their anthem.

Gobby teenagers always seem to sit near away fans. Same in the Atyeo. What makes me laugh are the grown men with them joining in. Had that at Newcastle when we played there 10 years ago. Kids goaded by adults.

@Olé, don't knock the pyrotechnics. The heat from them kept me warm for 10 seconds!!

By the way, not much room in the upper tier concourse was there?? So cramped. Unfortunately part and parcel of poor facilities at old grounds.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Look up the word ' banter ' in the dictionary and stop being so precious . 

LJ has the right reply " let's see where we are at the end of the season ". 

yes, I thought Wembley looked different…

I like Villa Park, it's a great stadium

48 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I remember Birmingham City's forum in the summer saying Flint and Bryan were sure to join them as they were going to go up and we weren't. Look where they are now.

Villa are a good side who played well yesterday but let's see what May brings. 

A rather hashed Brexit I reckon...

oops, wrong Forum :blink:

43 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Gobby teenagers always seem to sit near away fans. Same in the Atyeo. What makes me laugh are the grown men with them joining in. Had that at Newcastle when we played there 10 years ago. Kids goaded by adults.

Sounds like the 'netters' from the Pre development days!

My theory is this, let them have their moment.. they have spent a boat load to try get out this Division and are no where near their rivals Wolves. Yeah you beat us 5-0, that is fine we have no expectations to win Promotion and yet are still 1 place above them despite this. Lets see if they are cocky in May when the disaster club Villa have been the last 8 years fail to get promotion again; 2 defeats and they call for Bruce's head. 

We really have upset a few big boys by doing so well havent we.

They saw a chance to get under the skin of visiting supporters. That’s fine. 

However There was a lot of quite startling vitriol as there is no history with them. 

But there is now! I am officially an Aston Villa hater and really hope they finish 7th to inflict maximum pain on the hideous scum they are!

Not that they got under my skin  :laugh:!

3 hours ago, cheese said:

Villa Park is easily the best stadium in the Championship in my opinion...

and don't get me on that song they ALWAYS sing on their travels. The one to the tune "Kumbaya" something about empty seats and stuff.

What a right bunch of are swipes. If is isn't to be our season, I would have Derby County go up over these cants every single time.

For a club that is supposedly much bigger and better than us, they haven't half made a big deal out of their victory! A fan on another forum got really touchy when I dared to suggest that the scoreline had more to do with our fatigue and injuries than them being particularly good. I even gave his team credit and congratulated him on their victory but that wasn't enough, he wanted me to admit that our injury crisis had no bearing on the scoreline at all!! Just another club with delusions of grandeur to go along with Leeds, Forest and a couple of others. May City along with Preston or Brentford go up, just to really annoy them.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Cannot believe some of the arrogance. Honestly shocking from a club of fans I thought were alright. Done nothing but look down on us from the first time we played them last season. Would love it if they languish in the Championship forever.

Will make it even sweeter when we beat them in the Playoff Final.

Archived