IGNORED

Villa Fans

cheese

Dont know what people expect really.. Aston Villa still firmly feel as if they are a Premier League club, its almost as if they think they are on loan to the Championship for a bit and will regain there rightful place sooner rather than later.. they could be in for a pretty big shock as if they haven't already noticed the longer you stay at this level the harder it gets season on season to get out.. they should be careful, once the parachute money runs dry they could be well and truly fo0ked, they historically have a very fickle fan base attendance wise aswell and i can see that 30 k they average at home dropping considerably over the next few seasons if they dont go up.. 

Anyway lets just go about our business as we have been and let the Villa's of this world think what they like about themselves, i know which club id rather support and certainly which City id rather come from, to call the area of 'Aston' a toilet would be disrespectful to toilets all over the world i can tell you that, what a ******* shithole :yes:

8 minutes ago, bris red said:

Dont know what people expect really.. Aston Villa still firmly feel as if they are a Premier League club, its almost as if they think they are on loan to the Championship for a bit and will regain there rightful place sooner rather than later.. they could be in for a pretty big shock as if they haven't already noticed the longer you stay at this level the harder it gets season on season to get out.. they should be careful, once the parachute money runs dry they could be well and truly fo0ked, they historically have a very fickle fan base attendance wise aswell and i can see that 30 k they average at home dropping considerably over the next few seasons if they dont go up.. 

Anyway lets just go about our business as we have been and let the Villa's of this world think what they like about themselves, i know which club id rather support and certainly which City id rather come from, to call the area of 'Aston' a toilet would be disrespectful to toilets all over the world i can tell you that, what a ******* shithole :yes:

Thats another thing right, people say "area x is a shithole" but Aston is the hair on the pimple on the arsecheek of the UK. Awful place.

I quite like that mentality too. Suits us. Plucky underdogs.

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Fair point there for sure. 

Let's not forget Leeds were touted as title contenders the season they went down. I think it's fourteen years out of the Premier League for them now. Wednesday were around where Villa were for much of the 90s and have spent nearly two decades outside the top flight. Similar story with Forest. There's a point where you stop being a big team and become just another Championship club...

1 hour ago, bakes said:

Can't be that great a stadium if the restriction on away fans is 2k.

Want to try coming to a stadium where you get close to 4k.

:ph34r:

Peterborough have over 6k on Saturday.

The greatness lies in the ability to restrict away fans. Why cram your ground with away fans on their (ahem) big day out if you don't need the pennies? Less away support the better as far as I'm concerned.

i think there are a few grounds with worse areas; Anfield, New Den, Hawthorns, Brisbane Rd, Elland Road, Ewood Park, to name a few - and you are right, Kenilworth Road. It is a cracking ground (used to be no 3 or 4 in the 70s) but what is amazing is how City is catching up with 100% better facilities for bar, food, toilets and nearly there with crowds too. THis f'famous old fantastic club' got 32k last night and we would have got 25k so the gap is closing fast. 2 years ago it might have been 38k v 13k

They were a graceless bunch.  No noise at the beginning of the game.  Total lack of variety of songs.  I saw one them go right up to the face of a City fan after the game singing 5-0 on your big day out and promptly got dealt with by the West Midlands Constabulary in their own inimitable fashion.  There was real hatred in the bloke's eyes.  Similar look on the faces of the West Brom fans a couple of years ago.  Just shows what living in a hole like Birmingham / West Midlands does to a person.  

1 hour ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

Peterborough have over 6k on Saturday.

The greatness lies in the ability to restrict away fans. Why cram your ground with away fans on their (ahem) big day out if you don't need the pennies? Less away support the better as far as I'm concerned.

at least we don't ask the police to keep us in at st Andrews or sing pathetic songs on the holte end steps .....youtube it .....on a par with the horse worriers

But you don't look like selling out your home leg. Can't be that big a day out can it?

Wasn't gonna nibble but it's only on sale to ST holders mate. Not really relevant then.

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

Are you angry because you didn't go straight back up ?

No - We'd probably have gone straight back down if we did. Besides, the Championship can be quite good fun for a couple of seasons.

You lot come across as the angriest fans in the division though - Your reactions to us signing Kodjia were entertainment enough on their own but these sour grapes about getting whacked 5-0 are hilarious.

But you don't look like selling out your home leg. Can't be that big a day out can it?

Ermm. What? It's still two weeks before the game, and tickets are still only on sale to members! Away fans are generally very welcome here, but you won't make many fans posting childish drivel like that!  Either show some respect or kindly fudge off please.

3 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

No - We'd probably have gone straight back down if we did. Besides, the Championship can be quite good fun for a couple of seasons.

You lot come across as the angriest fans in the division though - Your reactions to us signing Kodjia were entertainment enough on their own but these sour grapes about getting whacked 5-0 are hilarious.

Don't think theres anything on this forum thats all that angry though is there? I expected a meltdown but the response on here was calm and measured. 

6 minutes ago, anotherdayinparadise said:

No idea why you think that about Jimmy, bought him for 2mill and sold him for 11 ..Why would we be angry ?  You beat us fair and square I and most of us have admitted it . Yet you've signed up to our little clubs forum to give it the big Spuds....who looks the dick m8 ?

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Don't think theres anything on this forum thats all that angry though is there? I expected a meltdown but the response on here was calm and measured. 

From where I'm sitting, there appears to be an awful lot of bitterness, hence my posting. Bitterness usually breeds anger. What has the surrounding area of Villa Park got to do with anything for a start? Are we supposed to be bothered by that? Villa Park is situated alongside a grade 1 listed mansion with beautiful grounds in any case. It has fantastic heritage.

As for it being your big day out - Does it really warrant a thread? Of course it's a big day out - The figures showing away fans attendance support this. most teams in the division sell out their allocation at Villa yet don't do so elsewhere. why is that if it isn't their big day out?

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

No idea why you think that about Jimmy, bought him for 2mill and sold him for 11 ..Why would we be angry ?  You beat us fair and square I and most of us have admitted it . Yet you've signed up to our little clubs forum to give it the big Spuds....who looks the dick m8 ?

I think you do.

if you bothered to check, instead of jumping in head first with your big mouth, you will see that I joined last season after your previous big day out to Villa Park.

Archived