IGNORED

Good News!

downendcity

Great post @Downend City

Balls to the fans of other teams. Let them think what they want.

Apologies for going off topic but I wonder if any of @City exile 79, @bcfcredandwhite or @Eastred might have sold a kid's City tracksuit on ebay 4 or 5 years ago?

We bought it for my girl and I thought it a bit strange that it came from someone in Swindle.  It turned out to be the best value and most valued item of clothing in her 14 years to date.  She wore it pretty much constantly, even when it had become clearly too small.  It rarely had time to dry properly after going in the wash. Thankfully, once Flint and Wagstaff autographed the top at MK Dons it could no longer be washed and was  literally hung up for good.

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Do people really have that train of thought these days though? With the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton,  Burnley , Swansea,  Watford etc giving it a good go in the Prem and who would all be classed as a 'smaller' club (you could argue we are bigger than all of them to be fair) i dont honestly believe any football fan with half a brain cell will be writing off or not taking Bristol City Fc seriously.

I think we have been given a fair bit of respect this season and actually i keep on hearing 'this is a club with everything in place now for the top flight' which is probably mainly in regards to the fantastic new stadium we now finally have... If people want to take the 'us against the world' kinda stance then fair enough but I genuinely think its a bit of a chip people have on there shoulders at this club because trust me i think there are many many people in football that would welcome Bristol City with open arms back to the top flight...

From the Wolves forum ......

luckyjimJust doesn't shut up

When they went down to 10 the gulf in class was obvious; their only chance was through a ludicrous refereeing decision. Man to man, Bristol City didn't deserve to win against a big club like the Wolves.

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

Great post @Downend City

Balls to the fans of other teams. Let them think what they want.

Apologies for going off topic but I wonder if any of @City exile 79, @bcfcredandwhite or @Eastred might have sold a kid's City tracksuit on ebay 4 or 5 years ago?

We bought it for my girl and I thought it a bit strange that it came from someone in Swindle.  It turned out to be the best value and most valued item of clothing in her 14 years to date.  She wore it pretty much constantly, even when it had become clearly too small.  It rarely had time to dry properly after going in the wash. Thankfully, once Flint and Wagstaff autographed the top at MK Dons it could no longer be washed and was  literally hung up for good.

Not me I’m afraid, so it’s down to the other two to own up!

55 minutes ago, RedNight said:

Good post.

Its a strange one for me. Because I'm not that bothered about the premier league. I dislike many things about our top division. 

On the flip side, I love seeing this club win and being successful. 

Dilemma.

Couldn't agree more.

I'd worry about Sky poisoning my football club, and assimilating us in to the ranks of nothing clubs, desperately clinging to PL status each season.

It represents everything I hate about football, but as you say, the chance to see City at the highest level battering the worlds best week in week out would be amazing.

5 hours ago, bris red said:

Do people really have that train of thought these days though? With the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Brighton,  Burnley , Swansea,  Watford etc giving it a good go in the Prem and who would all be classed as a 'smaller' club (you could argue we are bigger than all of them to be fair)....

Burnley and Huddersfield are miles bigger than us....given their illustrious, trophy-leaden histories and their consistent amazing support (given their populations) .... we can only be in awe of them...

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Couldn't agree more.

I'd worry about Sky poisoning my football club, and assimilating us in to the ranks of nothing clubs, desperately clinging to PL status each season.

It represents everything I hate about football, but as you say, the chance to see City at the highest level battering the worlds best week in week out would be amazing.

The world's best?

With the exception of Man City- I am assuming you are referring to this 2 legger with us battering the worlds best :P I am not so sure our top sides are the world's best. Very good sides, but true global  elite? Man City only for me atm. Though Manchester would improve dramatically in a 4-3-3 with Herrera Pogba Matic as a central 3 IMO. Pure elite? First good- impressive- season in several years for PL clubs in Europe so I dunno.

Besides the good sides, there is a lot of dross in the bottom half too tbh.

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Burnley and Huddersfield are miles bigger than us....given their illustrious, trophy-leaden histories and their consistent amazing support (given their populations) .... we can only be in awe of them...

True. Two small town clubs that have punched above their weight.

12 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Ha!

it seems there are a few of us here in Swindle then - I tend to watch most televised City games in the Merlin, when not attending them myself of course!

Sorry to hear about your experience City Exile 79    I am pleased to say I have never ever experienced anything like that - but I did nearly poo myself in the corner right next to a very hostile Town End watching a Swindle vs City local derby praying nobody would recognise me and ‘out’ me as a City fan  

nobody did  (out me that is - several people recognised me but only said hello)

Anyway, as long as the lads can recover their energy we should be ok - you don’t become crap overnight. 

It was a long time ago. Most town fans I work with or know me are pretty good.

I used to work in The Merlin (was The Oxford then) still pop in now and again. I don’t watch city in there as normally higher demand to watch premier games.unless we’re on a Friday.

Archived