IGNORED

The Etihad, a few Tips and Advice

Alanthemanc

4 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Really looking forward to this,do you think a rousing rendition of" WHO THE **** ARE man utd "would go down well.

Really looking forward to this,do you think a rousing rendition of" WHO THE **** ARE man utd "would go down well.

Yes..... always will do........... they seem to have gone a bit quiet this year, don't know why

Here's one for you............ Just my own opinion ......... top 5 loudest away fans at the ETIHAD

1.... Arris fc.... ( some Greek team in the U.E.F.A.Cup. )  The loudest I've ever heard from any set of fans............ you could here them nearly a mile away 

2.. Poznan ....  6 feet 6 skin heads, the lot of them, looked very threatening but were ok........... LOUD

3... Dortmund....... Loud and great support. very organised, even on the walk from central Manchester.

4...Leeds .... were very good, very loud considering they got thrashed 5-0

5.. Sheffield Wendesday were also quite good considering they were on a stuffing as well 

6 minutes ago, Alanthemanc said:

Yes..... always will do........... they seem to have gone a bit quiet this year, don't know why

Just a mirror image of their manager on the touch line.

Here's one for you............ Just my own opinion ......... top 5 loudest away fans at the ETIHAD

1.... Arris fc.... ( some Greek team in the U.E.F.A.Cup. )  The loudest I've ever heard from any set of fans............ you could here them nearly a mile away 

2.. Poznan ....  6 feet 6 skin heads, the lot of them, looked very threatening but were ok........... LOUD

3... Dortmund....... Loud and great support. very organised, even on the walk from central Manchester.

5.. Sheffield Wenessday 

1 minute ago, Alanthemanc said:

WONT BE ON TONIGHT.......... WAIT FOR IT........ HOW SAD ....... WATCHING THE CHASE...TRYING TO NICK A FEW QUESTIONS FOR MY LOCAL QUIZ..... THEN WATCHING 2 SETS OF SCOUSERS CHASING A BALL ABOUT......... BACK ON SOMETIME TOMOZ

Missing you already.

Guys, not read this entire thread so apologies if this already posted, but I just found this really cool 3D model of the Etihad...

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/manchester-city/

You can select your specific seat and it will show you the actual view you have. I'm third tier, but the view still looks ok....we shall see!

Im Block 317 Row R Seat 457 btw if anyone is near there (I'll be on me tod)

5.. Sheffield Wenessday 

Hiya.... just a quick word about the weather up here......... I went to watch an Evostic non league game today......... and it was f........g   freezing, and they reckon it is going to be Arctic by mid week...... don't come in a T Shirt...........................................Al

On 05/01/2018 at 13:56, bengalcub said:

Won’t be taking the boy then no bag means no fruit change of clothes , toys and drinks or iPad for when he gets bored ... no bags is a stupid idea worlds gone mad ... 

Don’t city employ the same rule? I know Wembley does and probably most major stadia these days.

i can imagine its frustrating on an away day, especially with kids but I can also understand why. Unfortunately it’s the world we live in

someone said handbags are ok though? Take one of them and if questioned just put on your best little Britain impression and say “I’m a laaaady”

5.. Sheffield Wenessday 

13 hours ago, BCFC_Mike said:

5.. Sheffield Wenessday 

Wait till Tuesday when 9000 Reds in there 

On 02/01/2018 at 16:44, Alanthemanc said:

Hiya...... Alan.....Man City fan here,   Seeing as it's your first visit ( or I think it is ), I i'd give a few bits of advice.  Iv'e done this for quite a few teams, including Glasgow Rangers, which was a bit of an experience in itself, so I'l start off with a few basic do's and dont's. 

1.. Get there early as you can, usual horrendous traffic, full body searches,  can lead to big queues outside 

2.. Parking ... unless it's unavoidable, avoid the official car parks, .... expensive and you will have an hours wait to get out.  Try the unofficial ones you will see as you get about 1/2 a mile from the ground.  Under no circumstances park on the streets around there, as you will get towed away £ 300 to get it back

3...Pubs,... wouldn't advise any boozing  near the ground,  if you want a drink, most away fans go in the ground or the Northern Quarter....... Great Chippy alongside the Mary D's pub  behind the South Stand.

4.. The Tram...... might be useful before the game, although will be packed if you leave it late...... £ 1 .50  ( I think ).... 10 mins from Piccadilly............after the game gig queues, so you might be better getting the bus from behind the South Stand....... you will see them lined up,  same price.  .... If it's good weather, lots of fans, home and away walk to the City centre down the hill, as sometimes with the traffic, it's just as quick. (  20 mins or so )

5.. Food and drink in the ground is reasonable, but very expensive 

6.. South Stand tier 3 is very, very high. 

7.. Stewards are generally  ok as long as you don't overdo it a bit and get silly.

8 Programme is   about average. id give it  7/10.  maybe less#

9..  Depending on the mood of the police commander for the match, you may  be locked in for 10 mins or so after......... depends how he feels I think.

10... Coach park is 40 yards or so from the South Stand.

can        Okoidoke..... anything else, I will have a gander on here between now and the game,  ( wiil be at the Watford game tonight)  so I will try and answer any other stuff, if I can           

Hi what are taxi's like after the match staying with a relative up there after the game . 

2 hours ago, Blazeyrobins said:

Hi what are taxi's like after the match staying with a relative up there after the game . 

There is a big taxi rank at Piccadilly Station. I would suggest heading towards there.

Archived