IGNORED

The Etihad, a few Tips and Advice

Alanthemanc

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I know we've got the 2nd and 3rd tier in the South stand but will there be any home fans in the first tier given they're expecting a small-ish crowd by their standards?

Wolves had the same allocation as you.......so expect Man City to have 2 thirds of ist tier

On 02/01/2018 at 16:44, Alanthemanc said:

Hiya...... Alan.....Man City fan here,   Seeing as it's your first visit ( or I think it is ), I i'd give a few bits of advice.  Iv'e done this for quite a few teams, including Glasgow Rangers, which was a bit of an experience in itself, so I'l start off with a few basic do's and dont's. 

1.. Get there early as you can, usual horrendous traffic, full body searches,  can lead to big queues outside 

2.. Parking ... unless it's unavoidable, avoid the official car parks, .... expensive and you will have an hours wait to get out.  Try the unofficial ones you will see as you get about 1/2 a mile from the ground.  Under no circumstances park on the streets around there, as you will get towed away £ 300 to get it back

3...Pubs,... wouldn't advise any boozing  near the ground,  if you want a drink, most away fans go in the ground or the Northern Quarter....... Great Chippy alongside the Mary D's pub  behind the South Stand.

4.. The Tram...... might be useful before the game, although will be packed if you leave it late...... £ 1 .50  ( I think ).... 10 mins from Piccadilly............after the game gig queues, so you might be better getting the bus from behind the South Stand....... you will see them lined up,  same price.  .... If it's good weather, lots of fans, home and away walk to the City centre down the hill, as sometimes with the traffic, it's just as quick. (  20 mins or so )

5.. Food and drink in the ground is reasonable, but very expensive 

6.. South Stand tier 3 is very, very high. 

7.. Stewards are generally  ok as long as you don't overdo it a bit and get silly.

8 Programme is   about average. id give it  7/10.  maybe less#

9..  Depending on the mood of the police commander for the match, you may  be locked in for 10 mins or so after......... depends how he feels I think.

10... Coach park is 40 yards or so from the South Stand.

can        Okoidoke..... anything else, I will have a gander on here between now and the game,  ( wiil be at the Watford game tonight)  so I will try and answer any other stuff, if I can           

Hi mate quick question, I bought a ticket last week for the 93:20 lounge  (I bought them off viagogo and didn't realise they were premium seat tickets) where abouts is this in the ground and they're aren't going to quiz me to death to test if I'm a Man City fan right? 

On 06/01/2018 at 19:44, MarcusX said:

Tell that joke in Manchester and see how well it goes down :shutup:

Agree with this, I asked a steward at Watford if they had a safe space for my machete and Kalashnikov whilst they were patting me down... it didn't go down to well. Not a very good advert for Watford, home fans must smuggle them in on a weekly basis.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, WestMidsRed said:

Hi mate quick question, I bought a ticket last week for the 93:20 lounge  (I bought them off viagogo and didn't realise they were premium seat tickets) where abouts is this in the ground and they're aren't going to quiz me to death to test if I'm a Man City fan right? 

@WestMidsRed Click on the link on this page https://www.mancity.com/ticket information/premium seats    ( https://mediacdn.mancity.com/-/media/files/hospitality/1516/seating-plan/9320-seating-plan.ashx?la=en )

Also appears away fans often use this bar http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/93-20-seating.321693/

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Alan

Just reading one of your forums

Fans saying you only sold just over 20,000 for tomorrow’s match?

Worh the best part 8000 of our lot a crowd of perhaps 30,000 is expectec

Thats shocking for a stadium that holds 55,000, a team top of the Prem and a semi final of a major cup competition 

I would expect 40,000 - 45,000. Really just the 3rd tiers where the most seats are empty. We always struggle with cup / midweek games. If the likes of a united fan doesn't go there is a tourist waiting. city don't have that. Wolves sold well but more to do with time of year. 

If anyone is planning to go to Sinclairs be warned that the police may decide to frog march you to the ground very early. Usually reserved for European games but Wolves got it as well from what I can remember. Best place by far for away fans though to gather in numbers. anywhere in Print works not bad too. Northern quarter is good but more likely to be smaller groups of fans. Miles better beer though. Would advise to walk to the ground from town not far.

Those planning to drink in the ground, yes the cider is strongbow. You won't be able to drink anywhere near the ground so stay in Town. 

Just a quick one for the return leg. Staying in the Travelodge Bristol Central. Where's the best places for drinks before and after the game? None of us will have colours on anyway. From what I can see on google maps it looks like the majority are on the way to ground anyway.

Enjoy the piss up

40 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Alan

Just reading one of your forums

Fans saying you only sold just over 20,000 for tomorrow’s match?

With the best part 8000 of our lot a crowd of perhaps 30,000 is expectec

Thats shocking for a stadium that holds 55,000, a team top of the Prem and a semi final of a major cup competition 

3 hours ago, ManchesterIsBlue said:

Just a quick one for the return leg. Staying in the Travelodge Bristol Central. Where's the best places for drinks before and after the game? None of us will have colours on anyway. From what I can see on google maps it looks like the majority are on the way to ground anyway.

Loads of bars around Millennium Square and the Harbourside, just around the corner from your hotel. Or more traditional pubs on Hotwell Road. Try the Pumphouse or the Nova Scotia, both overlooking the docks en route to Ashton Gate.

10 minutes ago, ManchesterIsBlue said:

Thanks for the info, will give them a try!

If you don't mind walking then I recommend starting off on the harbourside (lots of resturant if you fancy some food) and then walking along to the Novia and the Pumphouse. It's not too much of a walk. And both ofthose pubs are close by each other. You get home fans in there but also they welcome away fans. A walk across the park will then see you arrive at Ashton Gate by the away end. 

Any other pubs around the stadium are strictly home fans only and you have to show a home ticket to enter. 

We also have a fans zone at the opposite end of the stadium to the away end with bars if you fancy a drink on arrival. I've seen away fans in it before so shouldn't be a problem especially if your not wearing colours. Plenty of food outlets in that area also.

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Some one said about gathering in a square in the centre? Any info on that?

Most away fans make their way to 'Shambles Square' in the City Centre.  Get in Sinclairs's Oyster Bar.  Great atmosphere and Sam Smith beers at really low prices.

You can jump on a tram right outside that will take you to the Ethihad.  Takes about 20 mins.

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

@Alanthemanc alright Al , staying in Portland st Piccadilly , is that near the northern quarter  for a beer before the game ? Is this the best place for away fans ? Also best time , transport to catch to get to the ground. Apologies if you’ve answered these questions before . 

Piccadilly Gardens is at one end of Portland Street and the Northern Quarter basically backs on to Piccadilly. As others have said there is plenty of choice around the Northern Quarter. 

If you go down any of the roads on the far side of Piccadilly (Lever Street by Spoons, Oldham Street by Morrison’s or Tib Street by Debenhams) these will take you to the closest part of the NQ. You will get to Dale Street and if you keep going, you get to Thomas st./ Hilton st. There are plenty of pubs/ bars around that area, but as mentioned before they are mostly small, so probably better suited for smaller groups. Tib Steert Tavern is a bit bigger and further down Tib Street.

You can get the Tram from Piccadilly Gardens (stop before Piccadilly Station) although I have no experience of how busy it is when matches are on.

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Loads of bars around Millennium Square and the Harbourside, just around the corner from your hotel. Or more traditional pubs on Hotwell Road. Try the Pumphouse or the Nova Scotia, both overlooking the docks en route to Ashton Gate.

The Nova Scotia, didnt realise it was a chain

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

Piccadilly Gardens is at one end of Portland Street and the Northern Quarter basically backs on to Piccadilly. As others have said there is plenty of choice around the Northern Quarter. 

If you go down any of the roads on the far side of Piccadilly (Lever Street by Spoons, Oldham Street by Morrison’s or Tib Street by Debenhams) these will take you to the closest park of the NQ. You will get to Dale Street and if you keep going, you get to Thomas st./ Hilton st. There are plenty of pubs/ bars around that area, but as mentioned before they are mostly small, so probably better suited for smaller groups. Tib Steert Tavern is a bit bigger and further down Tib Street.

You can get the Tram from Piccadilly Gardens (stop before Piccadilly Station) although I have no experience of how busy it is when matches are on.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If you don't mind walking then I recommend starting off on the harbourside (lots of resturant if you fancy some food) and then walking along to the Novia and the Pumphouse. It's not too much of a walk. And both ofthose pubs are close by each other. You get home fans in there but also they welcome away fans. A walk across the park will then see you arrive at Ashton Gate by the away end. 

Any other pubs around the stadium are strictly home fans only and you have to show a home ticket to enter. 

We also have a fans zone at the opposite end of the stadium to the away end with bars if you fancy a drink on arrival. I've seen away fans in it before so shouldn't be a problem especially if your not wearing colours. Plenty of food outlets in that area also.

Cheers for the info. Will be sticking to those mentioned to avoid the ticket checks by the sound of it then. 

2 hours ago, gordie said:

Thanks mate, hopefully be up around 16-30ish so will try there

You'll be the first there so won't be a problem! Just try to avoid the houses around there(permit holders)and go near all the factories etc. Clayton Lane / Stainburn Rd / South Street usual parking spots as well as Croft Street just off New Road. Croft Street most secure but always busiest. Others not too bad as that many cars there.

Never had a problem at any. Usually park at Stainburn Rd - should fill up from 6ish. 

On 1/6/2018 at 19:38, Alanthemanc said:

Here's one for you............ Just my own opinion ......... top 5 loudest away fans at the ETIHAD

1.... Arris fc.... ( some Greek team in the U.E.F.A.Cup. )  The loudest I've ever heard from any set of fans............ you could here them nearly a mile away 

2.. Poznan ....  6 feet 6 skin heads, the lot of them, looked very threatening but were ok........... LOUD

3... Dortmund....... Loud and great support. very organised, even on the walk from central Manchester.

4...Leeds .... were very good, very loud considering they got thrashed 5-0

5.. Sheffield Wenessday 

Hey Alan. Did we make your top 5?

Archived