IGNORED

Man. City Vs Bristol City : Anthony Taylor is the ref / Video Assistant Referee (Merged)

reddevon

10 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

As per title, thought the game was hard enough, but to give them a local homer??, even if he supports united he will be pissed off with us

Anthony Taylor (born 20 October 1978) is an English professional football referee from Wythenshawe, Manchester. In 2010, he was promoted to the list of Select Group Referees who officiate primarily in the Premier League

Username checks out

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Tbf, I thought we had Hawkeye or Goal Line Tech or whatever its called...

Surely that's what the VAR ref watches anyway??

@AdamB @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can you confirm if we have VAR suitable tech please?

As it stands Ashton Gate is not set up to accommodate VAR, so both the home leg and the away leg at the Etihad will be exempt from using VAR.  

OTIB for your eyes only!

Shhhsh... But we've got the 'important tech' at A G .....

Haven't you noticed the sometimes strange bounce of the ball at our home games? ..... & the number of times 'unlucky' opponents have hit the woodwork at The Gate in recent times? 

Coincidence? ... Nah, don't believe it, ... Just between you and me it's all down to Lansdown and his secret weapon....

Steve Lansdown sat high up in the posh seats, frantically playing with his joystick under his program (behave yourselves :nono:) ..he's remote controlling the flight of the ball with his high tech 'magnetatron'  and activating our 'special' goal posts.... been doing an unbelievable job so far!

Well Done Steve... The secrets safe with us on Otib, keep up the good work. :cool2:

PS... So please, Don't keep on about what 'tech' we have or don't have.. The last thing we need right now is some official idiot snooping around the place... O K ? 

Now delete this post before some Gas  *****r from the local rag reads it and puts it on tomorrows front page.   

The Daily Mail have done the best article I've seen on how it works.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5223693/Video-Assistant-Referee-technology-explained.html

I guess we might not be fully wired up to the "Premier League Match Centre". I had assumed the VAR would be at the ground (as with TV umpires in cricket) but nope they're in a darkened room near Heathrow.

11 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I don't know the detailed tech spec/reason is to give you a proper answer right now. All I know is that whatever it is, we don't currently have it!  I'll add it to the list to try and find out for you. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO .

Don't mention the 'magnetatron'  .... I did once but I think I got away with it! 

Saw it used November when watching Cologne Hertha Berlin.

Cologne appealed for a handball in the box, red didn’t give it. They asked for VAR, when ball went out of play ref walked over to side of pitch watched a playback of the incident on a laptop and decided no pen. Took 30secs for her to decide on the decision.

7 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

her ???? 

Computers in football and now Women? Whatever next...

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Games gone :whistle:

Cheeky buggers. Good job I know you two are having a giggle or I'd be calling Dolly and RedM and we'd be showing you exactly what us girls can do with a football...

Actually that's probably TMI. 

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Cheeky buggers. Good job I know you two are having a giggle or I'd be calling Dolly and RedM and we'd be showing you exactly what us girls can do with a football...

Actually that's probably TMI. 

Don't know what you're planning, but if its anything like I'm imagining then I think that's illegal under the Geneva convention Peg.

58 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Sneak peak on Sky Sports now, Arsenal vs Chelsea.. Taylor the man in the middle. 

Has done pretty well so far. Seen through a couple of "dives" by Arsenal, perhaps could have given Wilshire a second yellow for his .

11 hours ago, hodge said:

Read somewhere Anthony Taylor is from greater Manchester.... of all refs they could have picked they pick one from Manchester?

Trust me, he is absolutely despised by just about every single Blue I know.

Read into that what you will.

Archived