IGNORED

Mark Lawrenson

AnumRed

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He's been phoning it in for absolutely ages.

When MOTD finally dropped him I thought he would be on his way out at the BBC but he must have something on someone there because he hangs around there, like a bad smell.

At least with England on ITV we don't have to listen to this fake Irishman's irrelevant views on our national team anymore, thought bizarrely "the other side" use Ryan Giggs..

And the production staff and commentators all have something on Giggs

2 hours ago, AnumRed said:

How this guy gets a job as a football pundit I'll never know!

Here are his thoughts on our FA Cup game.

‘Bristol City have beaten four Premier League teams, including Manchester United, on their way to the Carabao Cup semi-finals but they are not in great form at the moment. The Hornets need some good news, and a FA Cup run would help to provide it.’

Not in great form?!? What is this guy been smoking?!?

His football knowledge outside the top flight (which is also questionable) is non existent.

Rant over.:grr:

Worst rant I’ve seen in a long time. He didn’t say we were in terrible form. 1 win in 4 is the definition of “not in great form”.

2 hours ago, AnumRed said:

How this guy gets a job as a football pundit I'll never know!

Here are his thoughts on our FA Cup game.

‘Bristol City have beaten four Premier League teams, including Manchester United, on their way to the Carabao Cup semi-finals but they are not in great form at the moment. The Hornets need some good news, and a FA Cup run would help to provide it.’

Not in great form?!? What is this guy been smoking?!?

His football knowledge outside the top flight (which is also questionable) is non existent.

Rant over.:grr:

Err because we are not exactly flying form wise

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As if he’d have a ******* clue what was happening outside the Premiershit

He is a big P.N.E fan so he knows whats going on in the Championship. I love the FA Cup, but if we go out tomorrow I wont cry. Big game Tuesday  and a tough few months ahead trying to stay in the top six.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well he probably knows it ain’t called the Premiership....

I’m well aware of what it’s called. But it’s harder to make Premier League into a faeces based pun!

Also the term ‘Premiership’ has become synonymous with that division, be it it’s official title or not. It’s not called the ‘top flight’ or the ‘Prem’ but everyone knows what you mean when you say that.  

Like most pundits, when it comes to the Football League Lawrenson will look at the results and table and give his 'expert' view. 

Absolute bollocks all round. You might as well ask the wife to look at recent results and give her prediction. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Like most pundits, when it comes to the Football League Lawrenson will look at the results and table and give his 'expert' view. 

Absolute bollocks all round. You might as well ask the wife to look at recent results and give her prediction. 

Haha. Voice would sound the same too!

I don't care what Lawrenson says about us. His knowledge outside of the top six of the Premiership has always been useless. But it's interesting to see the divide on this thread on whether our current run can be passed as poor. What is "form"? It usually takes into account more than just the last two games.. Would you say Birmingham are in form for example? They've won their last two, but prior to that were on a dreadful run. It would take another couple of games without a win for us to be in bad form inho. 

Archived