IGNORED

A touch of reality on our signings

Redland

I don't know exactly how many signings LJ has made since he was appointed but it must be 20 -30. 

Surprising then that that the spine of our team is still very much the league one promotion team, namely Fielding, Bryan, Flint, Reid, Pack and Smith. We only avoided relegation last season when LJ stopped experimenting and reverted to these players. 

Therefore only one in five of recent signings gets a regular place in the first team.  

Just saying. 

15 minutes ago, Redland said:

I don't know exactly how many signings LJ has made since he was appointed but it must be 20 -30. 

Surprising then that that the spine of our team is still very much the league one promotion team, namely Fielding, Bryan, Flint, Reid, Pack and Smith. We only avoided relegation last season when LJ stopped experimenting and reverted to these players. 

Therefore only one in five of recent signings gets a regular place in the first team.  

Just saying. 

O’dowda is injured so is famara and djuric and Pisano . Blows your argument out the water. Mags is currently playing and Bailey wright is skipper . Nathan baker and pato also very much part of the first team regulars 

19 minutes ago, Redland said:

Just saying. 

Reid was not really a regular was he?

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

O’dowda is injured so is famara and djuric and Pisano . Blows your argument out the water. Mags is currently playing and Bailey wright is skipper . Nathan baker and pato also very much part of the first team regulars 

Doesn't blow my argument out of the water at all. Obviously we have 5 other players in the team but the majority are still the league one promotion team. With 20 -30 new signings I would have expected more changes. 

Nonsense. First of all, those players have improved massively under LJ. People were ready to write off the likes of Reid, Bryan and Pack, now they are worth millions between them.

Secondly... Paterson, Brownhill, O Dowda, Baker, Djuric, Wright, Magnússon? All have played a big part in getting where we are now.

He’s transformed Reid & Bryan. They’ve been as good as two new signings. 

Same for Fielding.

Paterson has been one of the most effective players in the whole of England. Signed for peanuts.

Brownhill is one of the best players we’ve had in years.  Signed for peanuts.

Baker is one of the best signings we’ve made in the last 10 years. 

Cared enough about the club to offer us his best player at Oldham. 

You missed out those bits...

1 minute ago, AJgEEZa said:

Also worth pointing out the Kodjia came in and was sold for a club record fee. I’d say our transfer business is as good as it’s ever been. Squad is as strong as ever, hence being joint 3rd in January.

Rubbish. Kodja was signed under Steve Cotterill. 

9 minutes ago, Redland said:

Doesn't blow my argument out of the water at all. Obviously we have 5 other players in the team but the majority are still the league one promotion team. With 20 -30 new signings I would have expected more changes. 

Where are you getting 20-30 from . A lot were signed for the academy for a start that are mainly out on loan learning their trade. Can you back this 20-30 up with names ? 

Ok, I take that back. His investment of those funds however has been a revelation. We got Magnússon, Paterson, Brownhill, Wright and O’Dowda with that cash and I’d hazard a guess we had change. Your point? All five of those players improved the squad and 1st team.

1 minute ago, Redland said:

In the brief history of this topic two contributors have incorrectly said that Smith and Kodja were signed by LJ. I despair. But don't let the facts get in the way of good spin. 

The facts are he contacted the club and told us to sign him because he said he was wasted at Oldham 

Who cares really, every club needs a solid spine. We’re signing young hungry players with a view to developing them, some will work some won’t.

looks like another pointless post that’s just created to try and bash LJ! 

Whatever he’s doing it’s WORKING we’re joint 3rd playing great football, just enjoy it for god sake!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I was one of them but I have a 7 year old asking for video game help and a 3 year old puking. I apologise for rash thinking mate

Ha ha. No problem. Been there and got the T shirt.  My 19 year old is still on a video game when I want to watch Liverpool v Everton.

39 minutes ago, Redland said:

Just saying. 

So if LJ can improve players who are. League 1 standard in your eyes he must be pretty good !!

Coaching players is better than buying players! 

Archived