IGNORED

Omen for tomorrow

Flounder

1 minute ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

The whole idea of that just worrys me a tad. :grr:

Doctors appointment booked. Only eating toast, bananas and rice from now on, don't think my heart could deal with that again.

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

I don’t believe in superstition but here is my FA Cup omen. Please post here if you are also experiencing a disturbance in the force!

A98AC106-8F69-4466-98FC-2E9733B601D4.jpeg

How dare you.............swine!

Barmaids,real ale,handpumps-all when I'm working on a Friday evening.

Nice pint,mate??.....

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Doctors appointment booked. Only eating toast, bananas and rice from now on, don't think my heart could deal with that again.

Rather than loo roll with writing on it and a sore arse. Try a Swans neck, no not a fine ale, just a long, soft, wipe. 

I hope that nobody (supporters) is looking at tomorrows game and expecting anything other than a fairly heavy defeat. 

I fully expect LJ to “throw” this game, and, for just about the only time I can ever remember, I fully support him in doing so. 

It’s a real pet hate of mine when any club disrespects the FA Cup, but I don’t think anyone involved in football, who knows anything about us and our season, would begrudge us making sure that we bow out of this one at the first hurdle. 

I intend to try and ignore tomorrow’s game and not be bothered by whatever the score line is. 

Just prey they don’t have an off day and it goes to a replay..! 

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I hope that nobody (supporters) is looking at tomorrows game and expecting anything other than a fairly heavy defeat. 

I fully expect LJ to “throw” this game, and, for just about the only time I can ever remember, I fully support him in doing so. 

It’s a real pet hate of mine when any club disrespects the FA Cup, but I don’t think anyone involved in football, who knows anything about us and our season, would begrudge us making sure that we bow out of this one at the first hurdle. 

I intend to try and ignore tomorrow’s game and not be bothered by whatever the score line is. 

Agreed. I really dislike when foreign managers come to England and treat the cups as minor annoyances. Saying that, a lot of British managers at struggling sides tend to throw them. Think it might be Allardyce thats well known for ignoring them.

I think it's a win/win scenario though.

If we win, we've got another PL scalp, the U23s/fringe players have got minutes and might get more in the next round, and we progress in the FA Cup.

If we lose, the U23s/fringe players have got minutes, one less distraction to worry about for our depleted squad.

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

As someone who works in Watford, has friends who support Watford and has an office full of Watford fans, I really hope LJ has the same attitude as you, only for my own personal sanity!

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If there is even the slightest hint Le has thrown a game SL will sack him. It's the same for all professional managers and how do you even start that conversation with the players?

Sure we have to prioritise, but to suggest Lee would throw a game is poor form.

17 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

If there is even the slightest hint Le has thrown a game SL will sack him. It's the same for all professional managers and how do you even start that conversation with the players?

Sure we have to prioritise, but to suggest Lee would throw a game is poor form.

Ok, not “throw” the game, literally. But playing a team of made up of under 23’s & development players, against a decent premier league team amounts to the same thing. 

I’m not saying it in a bad way. I simply mean we need to give all if not most firstvteam players the extra rest. 

18 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Whenever we do well in the cup we seem to have a good season. Winning breeds confidence and momentum, playing twice in a week should be no problem for a professional athlete. I'd be very upset if Johnson bins this one without trying. 

I don’t care what anyone says about the money they earn, and being athletes. Anyone who thinks playing twice in a week (and lets be honest it’s been a lot more than that lately) is a breeze for a footballer just simply hasn’t played the game at any intense standard. 

If it was a pure case of just running around for 90 minutes covering 10-15km each twice a week then sure it would be easy enough, but it’s the knocks, niggles, twists and everything else that you can’t expect or plan for that take their toll. I bet no player plays every game at 100% fitness throughout a season, and I imagine most probably never play at 100% after the first couple of weeks

Thats not even taken in to account life, illnesses, colds, those with kids maybe not getting full nights rest etc. I know all these things aren’t unique to city but when our squad is so threadbare the thought of a replay or another cup game is just a distraction that really isn’t needed

This all coming from someone who also normally dislikes “throwing” cup games 

Archived