IGNORED

Signs of progress .

Major Isewater

41 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

A sign of progress is its much warmer in the winter at matches now. When I used to be in the Dolman, with nobody close by, the cold north wind would swirl around  and it was freezing. Now it’s packed, the fans, plus misc pies and pasties make it almost tropical 

Could be global warming ! Few years time you will be sat in the Dolman in December wearing your Bermuda shorts, Hawaiian shirt and Panama Hat

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

For some games it’s tricky to get a seat, I can remember when I had my own row in the Dolman, as did many others....

Row? I remember many times being in the two blocks nearest the EE and them being virtually empty. 

Also the GWR Stand used to be sparsely populated especially on night games and rainy days.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Could be global warming ! Few years time you will be sat in the Dolman in December wearing your Bermuda shorts, Hawaiian shirt and Panama Hat

Great forward thinking from City with the freezing cold hand driers in the bogs then......

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

The food they sell at the ground hasn`t been stolen from a skip round the back of Tescos.

Yes, much higher quality than that - it was stolen from a skip round the back of Waitrose.

You actually look forward to football at the weekend. 

and you find yourself watching a cup draw for the first time since you were a kid

Giving more of a crap about who you're playing in the league, than the fact you're through to the semi final of the league cup

People start talking about those houses in Ashton Road again

We are top six in the leauge, we beat Man United. Got good players and plays good football. We win games when we not are playing good. Bristol City is established in this leauge. Some awayteams parking the bus at the gate. The crowds are bigger and we are a more well known Club, young players develop and its good vibes. We can make make 5-6 changes today and we will not being so disapointed If we lose. 5-0 vs Villa, shit happens, no more. We got a plan and it works. Always believe, COYR!!!

3 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Are we the first club in the UK to unveil anew signing via a GIF?

I can see the new Walshy fitting right in!!

That did make me laugh. Wonder what his first reaction was when told one of his first media jobs here was to film a Gif

Progress? I’ve always been proud of my team but is nice to speak to people and have them nod and smile when I say I’m a Bristol City fan, a bit of good fortune and media has spread the word.

11 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

We are kind of indifferent at the prospect of a cup tie against a Prem club . 

We're in the semi finals of a major Trophy.

We have paid over 5 million for a player .

How many more can you think of ? 

For me it's the nature in which we have competed this season. Not just effort and heart but a confidence and style of play that belongs at the top end of the table. 

Blips and mistakes along the way but you can tell they're not the true nature of the team. 

If we go up this year, great, if not though can we keep improving? Can Lee strengthen this squad? Can we improve further and do it next year?

Forgive me my genetic city pessimism but my fear is that we start to fall away all over again.

13 minutes ago, 054123 said:

For me it's the nature in which we have competed this season. Not just effort and heart but a confidence and style of play that belongs at the top end of the table. 

Blips and mistakes along the way but you can tell they're not the true nature of the team. 

If we go up this year, great, if not though can we keep improving? Can Lee strengthen this squad? Can we improve further and do it next year?

Forgive me my genetic city pessimism but my fear is that we start to fall away all over again.

I know exactly what you mean, we`ve had too many years of being killed by the hope.

That said I don`t think we`ll fall away in the normal sense, if we don`t go up we`ll more likely get close but just miss out - lose in the playoff semis or something.

Whatever happens we`ll have had more enjoyment out of this season than we have since we went up.

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

There is no immediate talk of the ‘wheels coming off’ or ‘LJ out’ following a couple of defeats.  

(Not that I’ve seen anyway)

I think this is very telling. A 5-0 defeat would not so long ago have produced a week-long mass tirade and multiple demands for managerial sacking. Now we get (almost unbelievably on OTIB) restrained, balanced and mature analysis and an outpouring of sympathetic understanding for an exhausted group of players. Unprecedented.

If we finish anywhere higher than 17th this season, that will represent four consecutive seasons of improvement in league table position.  How many clubs would be able to say that?

The other thing I'd say is, I feel like we're on the map like never before.  I've had more conversations about City with non-City fans, and even non-football fans, this season than ever before.  We are making an impression on the game - through our win against United of course, but also through our performances, our faith in a previously struggling manager, our stadium, our league position, our gifs, and our positive media coverage from the likes of Henry Winter, Colin Murray and Peter Crouch.

I don't think it's ever been more exciting being a City fan.

Archived