IGNORED

The official Watford FC v Bristol City FC in the FA Cup Match Day Thread

Septic Peg

12 minutes ago, kanemochi said:

Anyone know if Adam Baker is at the game today?

Not posted his usual pre-match photo on twitter, not on RB and the official club twitter account doesn't seem to be running as smoothly as normal

Good spot. Interesting - yes a couple of errors in the tweets today which was unusual..

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nothing to do with being ex-gas or needing a scapegoat.

What are the Championship qualities you see in him PSR that so many of us obviously do not?

I see his movement off the ball, his intelligent running, his ability to bring a ball under control and lay it off to team mate. I realise that some of that has been missing in recent matches, hence my comment about form, but he hasn't lost that ability. The sad thing is that there are quite a few who would be happy to show none of these things, but be lucky in front of goal. I am aware that his record in front of goal is poor, but he will start scoring again soon. Probably for someone else though.

1 minute ago, Atlanta_Red said:

I don't remember Millen ever sounding so half-wittish before.  He seemed to have no clue.  As for his comments about Premiere players being that much better, he saw that every week when they tore his Palace teams apart.

Perhaps he became disorientated after screecher nudged him to stop telling his life story? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Losing is never nice, but in this case it's ok, given the circumstances. :thumbsup:

In that 75-76 season the official history states no one at the club was too upset at going out of the FA Cup at the third round stage as promotion was the priority.

3-0 but who cares

Only 2 first eleven players started

2 wildcard academy lads make their debuts and play full 90mins.

Another 2 academy players continue their development for 90mins against a prem side.

Rest of the team made up of fringe players.

Can’t remember this ever happening before. So proud of our club and the bold selections from our manager.

COYR!

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I see his movement off the ball, his intelligent running, his ability to bring a ball under control and lay it off to team mate. I realise that some of that has been missing in recent matches, hence my comment about form, but he hasn't lost that ability. The sad thing is that there are quite a few who would be happy to show none of these things, but be lucky in front of goal. I am aware that his record in front of goal is poor, but he will start scoring again soon. Probably for someone else though.

Thanks for that PSR.

We all see things differently but I appreciate you calmly giving your reasoning from your point of view. :thumbsup:

As I suspected it was a case of going through the motions .

Our youngsters did Ok but it seems like our squad players fluffed their lines .

Woodrow , Taylor, Elliasen not done enough to give LJ selection problems for Tuesday .

A bit disappointing for that and also for the trivia question that will never be .

Archived