IGNORED

Gustav

mattjtsmith

Just now, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

He’ll be on the bench Tuesday and may even get a cameo. 

Reid - Pato - Taylor - Engvall as our only options up top for that game. 

Screams goals :fear:

I know you're being sarcastic, but Reid and Paterson are two of our top scorers this season, so I don't really get it. 

15 hours ago, Fiale said:

Holden, said he looked good in training, had a good attitude, deserved a chance. So his reward was 30 minutes when 2-0 down.... 

Thing is, they were always going to play a lot of kids , and so needed some experience and (in theory) Taylor and Woodrow have that. Plus Gus hasn't played for a month or so , never likely to start, although I would have liked him to.

14 hours ago, Robin Goch said:

Except he showed himself as a a striker who was too terrified to have a shot. Freddie Hinds showed him what to do as soon as he entered the pitch. 

RB commentator said similar. I guess it could be confidence, his loan didn't end successfully and I don't think he feels particularly wanted here. But whether Hinds shot was any good or not, he's not scared to have a go, which is sort of the strikers raison d'etre.

I find it bizarre that an 'international' footballer is unable to adapt to football in another country. And at 21, he's not even that young. You're always getting players from South America coming to Europe at a similar age and smashing it, and that's a different continent. And look at Liam Walsh - the lad's only 20 and he's raring to go.

Whoever our Swedish scout is, they've not exactly hit the jackpot in the last couple of seasons.

I personally feel we should still try and develop him. I don’t think he can go back out on loan. If a good deal comes for him than maybe cut losses in January. However, I feel he should be used over Taylor and Woodrow. I like Woodrow but GE is our player and I have seen glimpses of a player in there. 

Get him some minutes between now and end of the season. Then he will have an entire summer with the boys which he has never had. If he gets his head down and works hard these next 7 months, I think he can have a part to play. Considering there is no news on a new contract for Bobby then GE could end up behind only Djuric and Fam. It just takes some hard work from Gus, a few chances for him from LJ and a bit of luck. If his comfidence can get a boost I think he could help a championship club. 

16 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

I’m sorry but the he should of started today over Woodrow - we’ve got a 21 year old striker who we payed over a million pounds for who has gone out on loan and was a perfect opportunity to see if he had improved any whilst out on loan. Woodrow brings nothing and is not our player would much preferred him to be put out there and at least put him in a shop window to try and recoup some of his price tag.

My thoughts exactly. I was at the game and thought Woodrow was very poor, and should now be allowed to return to Fulham. My Fulham supporting mate also doesn't rate him BTW. Gustav, on the other hand, it was hard to judge too much from his late cameo, but was definitely better than Woodrow, and given a bit of game time, might sharpen up. At least as a squad player. 

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I find it bizarre that an 'international' footballer is unable to adapt to football in another country. And at 21, he's not even that young. You're always getting players from South America coming to Europe at a similar age and smashing it, and that's a different continent. And look at Liam Walsh - the lad's only 20 and he's raring to go.

Whoever our Swedish scout is, they've not exactly hit the jackpot in the last couple of seasons.

A very small minded and basic opinion. Everyone is different. 21 is young to move to a completely different culture, language and environment when you’ve lived in provincial Sweden all your life.

Not every player can adapt. It’s the same in any global workplace with employees of any age. Some employees will work internationally with ease and others can’t  manage it.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not every player can adapt. It’s the same in any global workplace with employees of any age. Some employees will work internationally with ease and others can’t  manage it.

Didn't Danny Wilson try to sign Joey Beauchamp from Oxford once as his big money summer signing, only for the deal to fall through because he didn't want to be so far from home and moved to Swindon instead?

10 minutes ago, 1stCityExile said:

My thoughts exactly. I was at the game and thought Woodrow was very poor, and should now be allowed to return to Fulham. My Fulham supporting mate also doesn't rate him BTW. Gustav, on the other hand, it was hard to judge too much from his late cameo, but was definitely better than Woodrow, and given a bit of game time, might sharpen up. At least as a squad player. 

Exactly my thoughts - with Gustav I felt he looked like someone who was just lacking that bit of confidence but desperate to impress therefore looking for that extra pass rather than going himself. With a little arm round him and more exposure I reckon he could become a good player for us. People refer to him not settling here but all his family were back in Sweden even his girlfriend, now that she’s moved over he may start to settle more as well.

15 minutes ago, 1stCityExile said:

I was there yesterday and could not agree more. Spot on.

Archived