Langford Red

How can you give an award to a spectator for attending 900 games in a row

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

And paid to work in the offices at the club

How is that an achievement 

If you got that, you would attend 900 games in a row

I know fans that have PAID their hard earned money and attended so many games over the years

That to me is an achievement 

3 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

I know fans that have PAID their hard earned money and attended so many games over the years

The only person I can imagine would be infuriated by the club giving away a shirt (but not to him) would be Hopesy!

Give it a rest. Jerry is a good man. Whether they’re free tickets or not, it takes dedication to trapse around the country watching our largely average to poor football team. 

If you’ve ever been fortunate enough to meet him, he’s a lovely man and deserves some sort of recognition.

1 minute ago, RiverRed said:

Regardless of club affiliations, it does demonstrate a huge commitment to supporting the club. How is 900 consecutive games not a milestone worthy of recognition? 

It is worthy of recognition. Unless you’re a bell end.

900 away games is incredible. Factor in sickness, social events, and generally not being arsed. There's no way most people can do it.

Even if I were offered fifty quid per game and free travel, there would be at least one day during those NINE HUNDRED CONSECUTIVE GAMES. that I wouldn't bother. 

How can you not give an award?

He hasn`t always worked for the club either, that`s only been in the last few years. Back in the day when I used to go away on coach 2 he would get picked up at a motorway junction on the M5. He did that for years before he got a job at the club.

One of life`s good guys who rarely has a bad word for anyone unlike sad sacks like the OP. I bet he thinks young Jaden shouldn`t have his day out at Manchester either, after all, he`s not earned it has he?

Enough people saw enough during seasons such as our relegation from the championship and the following start to league one to not even come to home games, to continue going away through all that as well is well worth recognition.

11 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

He works for the club

Gets FREE tickets

FREE coach travel

Please confirm if you have worked your last 900 working days without any absence.

100 consecutive would deserve an award. 900? How many dire performances, last minute defeats & long journeys home into the early hours of the morning for night games. Not to mention cold, windy terraces. Guess even a Tent End would have been welcome but maybe he never had that delight due to the Gap?

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, there might yet have been a good reason for that other thread being deleted. We don’t know yet.

You can’t just delete threads you disagree with though.

Indeed, wise words.  Although, I thought the idea of dropping rubbish threads into the bin was quite a good one!

Of course, deciding what constitutes rubbish would be highly contentious!!!

7 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

What is that, 2 decades? Wonder what the highlights would've been?

Mansfield of course, but all those more obscure ones as well, 5-3 vs. Barnsley under Millen, 4-0 against PNE away in 2010-11, 4-2 win over Carlisle under SoD. What a legend.

Loved that one, for a more obscure one the 3-1 win at Coventry in our league winning season is up there as one of my favourites as is the 1-0 at Blackpool when it hammered down, purely for the late winner. 

Archived