IGNORED

Courtinho To Barca £142m!

One Team

And yet some people are using Klopp's quote from September saying Coutinho wouldn't be leaving to have a go at him! By the sounds of it they've got Van Dijk, potentially Mahrez being the latest rumour as a replacement and money to spare...

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Mahrez would be an awesome signing, but isn't he a RW, like Mane and Salah? 

All very inter-changable in where they play, could imagine a very fluid front 3 of Mane, Salah and Mahrez behind Firmino

Not that surprising really. When you’re a top club like Barcelona, there’s probably only a pool of 5 players worldwide immediately good enough for your first team in each position.

Selling clubs know this, so there’s a premium.

Coutinho will become a superstar there in my opinion. Class player who’ll get better in a team like Barcelona.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not that surprising really. When you’re a top club like Barcelona, there’s probably only a pool of 5 players worldwide immediately good enough for your first team in each position.

Selling clubs know this, so there’s a premium.

Coutinho will become a superstar there in my opinion. Class player who’ll get better in a team like Barcelona.

Thought I read somewhere they were after Griezmann as well? 

You have to say that Liverpool have done a good job here.   He is a great player but isn't worth that.  My theory is that they know Keita is joining next season as a direct replacement but as Lallana was clearly missing the first half of the season were not going to sell until he was back.   

Keita + Van Dijk = Countinho

1 minute ago, The Bard said:

You have to say that Liverpool have done a good job here.   He is a great player but isn't worth that.  My theory is that they know Keita is joining next season as a direct replacement but as Lallana was clearly missing the first half of the season were not going to sell until he was back.   

Spot on.

Oxlade in to rotate Henderson, Gigi and Can (who might be off - Keita next season anyway )....wonder if Grujic will cone through too?

If Virgil makes a confident start (goal on debut v Everton ain’t bad!) you can see if making Liverpool a lot stronger.  

All they really need then is a keeper.

Finally think Klopp has realised Robertson is a very tidy left back.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on.

Oxlade in to rotate Henderson, Gigi and Can (who might be off - Keita next season anyway )....wonder if Grujic will cone through too?

If Virgil makes a confident start (goal on debut v Everton ain’t bad!) you can see if making Liverpool a lot stronger.  

All they really need then is a keeper.

Finally think Klopp has realised Robertson is a very tidy left back.

Everything you say is immediately destroyed when you mention Oxlade Chamberlain in a serious fashion. 

Never before has there been a more fitting player for the “what a waste of money” chant. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Everything you say is immediately destroyed when you mention Oxlade Chamberlain in a serious fashion. 

Never before has there been a more fitting player for the “what a waste of money” chant. 

Ha ha

Can you remember him when he first burst on the England scene?  Lively, found gaps between the lines, flexible in his positioning, two footed.  The future looked bright.

Then Wenger stifled him.  It wouldn’t be the first English player he’s done this too.  Look at Gus Caesar - i’m Joking!

There is a player in there, might not be top drawer like Coutinho, but if he finds his old form certainly good enough to be a regular starter in Liverpool’s midfield or wide attacker.  More money than I’d have paid, but could be a good signing.

19 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Countinho - £142 = Van Dijk £75m + Keita £42m + £25m towards Mahrez (potentially) so essentially paying the rest of the Mahrez fee for an extra 2 players. 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He was shocking last night.

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Keita is a completely different type of player .

Archived