IGNORED

LJ - Stoke Shortlist

tinman85

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He’s only human, if Stoke offered him an amazing new salary it would certainly turn his head. I just get the impression that he is really enjoying being the manager of Bristol City and he genuinely likes his management team, the owner and the players. It would take a lot to make him turn his back on that....

I get the impression he knows what a lucky boy he was last season, can’t see Stoke being quite as accommodating.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Another mate in the game ? Along with someone you know at Brentford who told you we were signing vibe ? 

I know who you are , you're Natalie Sawyer ;) I loves thee mind nat :wub:

Hang on a second. I'm only posting what I've been told. Two separate guys. One is someone who works in academy football, the other someone I met in London where I work! I know a lot of London fans. Probably more than city fans. 

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I get the impression he knows what a lucky boy he was last season, can’t see Stoke being quite as accommodating.

Yep, was it a true rumour when he was summoned by SL last season and he went to the meeting resigned to his fate, and he said, ‘before you make a decision, talk to the players...’ - and that saved him?!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, was it a true rumour when he was summoned by SL last season and he went to the meeting resigned to his fate, and he said, ‘before you make a decision, talk to the players...’ - and that saved him?!

I’ve only read that on here, I’m not ITK in the slightest.  He strikes me as a level headed chap who plans for the future, he knows he has backing and if he does well I’m sure SL will be happy to let him go to the appropriate club in time.  Stoke, right now?  He’d be ******* insane, no matter how much cash.  He could have 30 odd year career ahead of him if he plays it right.

LJ is certainly not stupid.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes. The players backed Johnson. I don't know full details. 

1 minute ago, RedNight said:

Thankfully Lansdown was. 

Oh I agree, I was excited when he joined but I did bail on him during that losing run. Glad he’s turned out to be the manager I was hoping for initially, and I wasn’t in charge of making the decision!

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh I agree, I was excited when he joined but I did bail on him during that losing run. Glad he’s turned out to be the manager I was hoping for initially, and I wasn’t in charge of making the decision!

I think 95% did mate. 

I refused to lose hope. And it was hope rather than faith. 

I love the man. The fact he's got City at heart is special. Would love to see him here for years. 

Wont happen though. Even if he gets us to the prem and kept us up for couple years, fans would become bored. 

1 minute ago, RedNight said:

I think 95% did mate. 

I refused to lose hope. And it was hope rather than faith. 

I love the man. The fact he's got City at heart is special. Would love to see him here for years. 

Wont happen though. Even if he gets us to the prem and kept us up for couple years, fans would become bored. 

I would hope not but I guess that’s the nature of the game.  I’ve checked my own posting history (sad I know) to make sure I hadn’t retconned the situation but I really hated the Tomlin signing saga played out on Twitter and think the club should have told him to ‘do one’.  That made me very wary that he wasn’t quite ready, turns out that may have been the catalyst for him becoming a good manager.

Archived