IGNORED

Championship teams and the FA Cup

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Virtually every Championship Side played a shadow side yesterday

Sad reflection of the status of FA Cup compared to League Status 

(Think out reasons were justified but for many others ?)

I think it`s more surprising that players were getting themselves sent off in the games. Vinagre for instance, sent off for serious foul play meaning he misses three games. I doubt his manager was happy with that.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think it`s more surprising that players were getting themselves sent off in the games. Vinagre for instance, sent off for serious foul play meaning he misses three games. I doubt his manager was happy with that.

Agree - though he’s not a starter for them is he ?

All helps though :thumbsup:

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - though he’s not a starter for them is he ?

All helps though :thumbsup:

Started 9 games but not at ours. 13 in total including the cups.

Even if he isn`t a regular starter it would be like Mags or Kelly doing the same for us yesterday and leaving us stretched unnecessarily. I just can`t see the sense of it.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Started 9 games but not at ours. 13 in total including the cups.

Even if he isn`t a regular starter it would be like Mags or Kelly doing the same for us yesterday and leaving us stretched unnecessarily. I just can`t see the sense of it.

Tbf - It was a clumsybrather than malicious challenge IMHO - still a red though

Did you see Leoroy Fer’s in that game :blink:

Not sure how the referee is going to justify a straight red , but I actually thought ‘good’ it was a lazy, arrogant and cynical chop down from behind 

Will be reduced to a yellow I’d think though

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Virtually every Championship Side played a shadow side yesterday

Sad reflection of the status of FA Cup compared to League Status 

(Think out reasons were justified but for many others ?)

Yeah - usually I hate teams fielding weaker sides for the FA Cup - especially against Premier League opposition. But I really think our fixture and injury list gave us no choice - suspect same for some other clubs too. 

I really think the Championship should ditch Saturday and Monday games - especially after Christmas. I know they are good days to get supporters out but it hands an advantage to teams with deep squads due to deep pockets and produces distorted results. Plus means everyone has to rest players on FA Cup weekend.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Saiz was sent off for Leeds today, for spitting. 

4 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

As things currently stand only six Championship teams are guaranteed a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup, with a few of the teams in and around the play-offs among them. Replays for Wolves and Cardiff probably suit us.

They should reintroduce second replays (with extra time) just to knacker Wolves and Cardiff.

Archived