IGNORED

Favourite chants over the years?

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

In recent times got to be Flint says no no no. Heard first time at PNE Deepdale the year we won the league. It was very loud in the concourse. :yes:

That was very funny, nice sunny day and good match but I'll always remember when that chant broke out. 

Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own is also a classic. 

And of the traditional ones 

Drink up thee Cider is still unique to us and sounds great at full volume

As for Dooby Dooby  Dooooo 

Its the theme tune to Tom Thumb 

Sung regularly in late 80 s 90s and very good when lots partake and dead easy too and no controversy

This is the speed it should be started at with the first part 17-34 secs) repeated with a long ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh inbetween and repeated .....and repeated ... louder and louder

:thumbsup:

Lots of good songs that don't get sung. 

Our atmosphere at away games this year has been surprisingly poor considering our league position. Not a criticism so don't jump down my throat, just an observation compared to previous years ... we occasionally get ole ole ole ole ole Bristol City. 

We rarely have songs they last longer than 30secs. I like Aden flint is having a party cause it goes on for a bit... But difficult when rest of home ground don't sing and most of our away support is sat down (again, no criticism - it's just the way it is) 

Freeman's on fire.

Now he's left so before people say it, but we devised that. Wigan's Will Grigg one that was more famous, just a ripoff wasn't it.

Think someone pointed it out already but What's that coming over the hill? Enoch Showumni Enoch Showumni was one I recall.

@RedNight Has been the case quite frequently.  Now I don't get away so often but I remember:

Palace away Jan 2011, Preston away Feb 2011, Charlton away Jan 2016. Not one of them games were we all stood up.

In fact, I quite vividly recall of those 3, Palace away we did stand in our bit- then stewards arrived and ushered people to sit down-and several rows just did. Much to my surprise.

However, not too far away their 'Holmesdale Fanatics' in their early days as was, were all stood up singing and chanting etc.

Yet as away fans we meekly complied with a sit down order?? Inverting natural way of things somewhat.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Freeman's on fire.

Now he's left so before people say it, but we devised that. Wigan's Will Grigg one that was more famous, just a ripoff wasn't it.

Think someone pointed it out already but What's that coming over the hill? Enoch Showumni Enoch Showumni was one I recall.

@RedNight Has been the case quite frequently.  Now I don't get away so often but I remember:

Palace away Jan 2011, Preston away Feb 2011, Charlton away Jan 2016. Not one of them games were we all stood up.

In fact, I quite vividly recall of those 3, Palace away we did stand in our bit- then stewards arrived and ushered people to sit down-and several rows just did. Much to my surprise.

Fairly sure we pinched it off Stevenage mind.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Freeman's on fire.

However, not too far away their 'Holmesdale Fanatics' in their early days as was, were all stood up singing and chanting etc.

Yet as away fans we meekly complied with a sit down order?? Inverting natural way of things somewhat.

I thought Stevenage sang it about him before we signed him.

Maybe we lifted it, will have to look again.

Just made me laugh slightly when someone at work last season just before the Wigan home game opening game season asked me if he thought City fans would be singing Will Grigg's on fire as it was in the charts from memory, joining in with it.

Join in with a generic chant that they lifted from us, probably not :laugh:.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

If I had the wings of a sparrow 

If I had the wings of a crow - Chris Crow

I’d fly over Eastville tomorrow and sh*t on the basta*ds below, below

etc etc 

Remember his first? game for us at White Hart Lane in the cup.  One of the classiest players I have seen in a City shirt.  Genuine quality.

Archived