IGNORED

Favourite chants over the years?

1 hour ago, RedNight said:

Never really understood this? Remember it in the eastend during its latter days.

Its from around 84. Briz CSF etc lads used to make that noise to confuse the police. No cctv back then and it was the trigger to kick off in or outside the ground and push the gates open, smash seats up charge the opposition.

18 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Its from around 84. Briz CSF etc lads used to make that noise to confuse the police. No cctv back then and it was the trigger to kick off in or outside the ground and push the gates open, smash seats up charge the opposition.

The Manchester pub and £20000 of improvement made to its decor!!

The guy who came up with the idea (allegedly) within the CSF for TT is no longer with us but it used to work a treat in bygone years as everyone knew what it meant. Ther OB never knew what was about to happen whereas everyone else did!

Remember being at a Forest away game and, well, .................  the rest is history, for those that were there.

Good to see that some on OTIB still remember where it came from.

I also used to like the “Tinman is a sh*thead” chant (he always used to acknowledge it as well).

Not sure exactly when, but there was one game (must have been late 1990s or early 2000s) at AG when City fans made fun of an opposing player’s haircut with the chant “He’s got a pineapple on his head - and he’s sh*t”. Very funny.

28 minutes ago, Offside said:

I also used to like the “Tinman is a sh*thead” chant (he always used to acknowledge it as well).

Not sure exactly when, but there was one game (must have been late 1990s or early 2000s) at AG when City fans made fun of an opposing player’s haircut with the chant “He’s got a pineapple on his head - and he’s sh*t”. Very funny.

Jason Lee - for Watford Possibly

He took a bit of exception to it too :boxing:

:laughcont:

03D7455F-577C-440C-8875-D1D86B89D842.jpeg

So many good songs to choose from. Don't think anyone has mentioned "we love you Johnson because you're fat and round, we love you Johnson you bounce around the ground, we love you Johnson, trust in me when I say ..." Reprise. Nice sleazy tune, easy to sing - remember singing it on freezing cold, Winter evenings in the East End. Probably one of our most tuneful renditions (no real high notes). We used to belt it out - proper loud.

As mentioned on a previous thread, maybe it can be resurrected with amended lyrics.

Archived