IGNORED

hell of a beating

where's the joy

if, if if we could paraphrase one of the most famous pieces of sports commentary of all time (a rather excited Bjorge Lillelien of Norway) we might be reacting to Bristol City's 2-1 defeat of Man City in Manchester on 9 January 2018: "Lord Lucan, Francis Lee, Mike Summerbee, Rodney Marsh, Sheik Yamanee, Sergio Aguero, Colin Bell, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, etc, vi har slatt dem alle sammen, vi har slatt dem alle sammen [we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all]. Pep Guardiola, can you hear me? Pep Guardiola? Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

and remember who gave you your finest 2 players 'Feed the Goat', and 'He's here, he's there, he's every chuffing where'

we can but dream COY mighty Reds

7 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

if, if if we could paraphrase one of the most famous pieces of sports commentary of all time (a rather excited Bjorge Lillelien of Norway) we might be reacting to Bristol City's 2-1 defeat of Man City in Manchester on 9 January 2018: "Lord Lucan, Francis Lee, Mike Summerbee, Rodney Marsh, Sheik Yamanee, Sergio Aguero, Colin Bell, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, etc, vi har slatt dem alle sammen, vi har slatt dem alle sammen [we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all]. Pep Guardiola, can you hear me? Pep Guardiola? Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

and remember who gave you your finest 2 players 'Feed the Goat', and 'He's here, he's there, he's every chuffing where'

And then in the 2nd leg, it’ll be

Isambard kingdom Brunel, JK Rowling,  Russell Howard, Mark Watson, Cary Grant / Archibald Leach, Banksy, Cathy Barrie, Massive Attack, The Wurzels, John Atyeo, the Other Mabbutt, Darth Vader, John Cleese - you boys took a gert big beating me babbers! :P

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Isambard kingdom Brunel, JK Rowling,  Russell Howard, Mark Watson, Cary Grant / Archibald Leach, Banksy, Cathy Barrie, Massive Attack, The Wurzels, John Atyeo, the Other Mabbutt, Darth Vader, John Cleese - you boys took a gert big beating me babbers! :P

The Green Cross Code Man…

The Daemon Barber of West Street, Bedminster…

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Eddie Shoestring, John Craven, Leslie Crowther, Elizabeth Fry, Samuel Plimsoll, Edmund Burke, Concorde, Matt Hewlett (Who?)

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Melissa Manchester, the Manchester Ship Canal, Noel Gallagher, Rick Wakeman, Eddie Large.....

I sat next to Eddie Large at Gerry Gow's Testimonial Dinner with Bryan Drysdale and  Jonathon Pearce.

Fun fact Eddies Mrs is from Bristol

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I sat next to Eddie Large at Gerry Gow's Testimonial Dinner with Bryan Drysdale and  Jonathon Pearce.

Fun fact Eddies Mrs is from Bristol

Live in WSM don’t they?  My mum and dad went to a neighbours wedding in Worle and Eddie was there.

3 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Henry Cooper?! He grew up in south east London...must have been a hammer, a lion, a valiant or an eagle....

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Live in WSM don’t they?  My mum and dad went to a neighbours wedding in Worle and Eddie was there.

He lives in portishead in the mirage development ( posh flats that look like a cruise ship). Before that he lived in Cadbury camp lane.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hmm cathy Barrie !! Love the fact she actually lived on cock road !!

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

The Daemon Barber of West Street, Bedminster…

No offence to relatives hereabouts but the undisputed King of Bedminster barbers was the late, great Ernie Craddock, he of West Street infamy. Many's the time I endured as a nipper 'the plank' (placed across the arms of his chair) en route to Ashton Gate via a very short, back and sides (his one and only style.)

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

No offence to relatives hereabouts but the undisputed King of Bedminster barbers was the late, great Ernie Craddock, he of West Street infamy. Many's the time I endured as a nipper 'the plank' (placed across the arms of his chair) en route to Ashton Gate via a very short, back and sides (his one and only style.)

:laugh:.. everywhere had one of those. There was a barber at the bottom of Kingsmead in Bath who had one style and one style only. Fortunately, my mother sent me off to see  a bloke called Bruno - an Italian hairdresser of some repute in Bath. Loadsa lads used to go to his salon

25 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I'm sure, if my memory serves me correctly that Eddie Large is a Man City fan.  I do see him once or twice a week so if I see him before Tuesday, I may have a word with him.

I'm not aware that Alvin Stardust, alias Shane Fenton had anything to do with Bristol.

He doesn’t, You missed the joke.  Green Cross Code Man was Dave Prowse of course, but as I’d already mentioned Darth Vader, I jokingly responded to Green Cross Code comment, because Alvin Stardust also did the adverts.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He doesn’t, You missed the joke.  Green Cross Code Man was Dave Prowse of course, but as I’d already mentioned Darth Vader, I jokingly responded to Green Cross Code comment, because Alvin Stardust also did the adverts.

Tufty came from Horfield…:cool2:

Archived