IGNORED

Excited or nervous......

BCFC1512

16 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

excited, definitely, but nervous what harm a thrashing might do to our confidence as we head in towards some crucial league games. 

I don`t think it will, the players will be under no illusions as to what might happen

It might work to our advantage in a way with others thinking we`re not all that after all.

Just about everyone I know is going, including many "old school ITK", so watch out Man City! We have nothing to fear, just play your heart out lads, that is all I ask!

When our backs are against the wall, is usually when everyone sees the best of Bristol City (on and off the pitch).

Man City struggled 1st half when Burnley actually took it to em, reckon LJ will do the same myself?

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think it will, the players will be under no illusions as to what might happen

It might work to our advantage in a way with others thinking we`re not all that after all.

I'm pretty sure you're right, but nature dictates I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable after the last few losses. Would be horrible to see this season peter out into a string of inconsistent results. 

I’m forward to seeing City play at a ground I’ve never visited (although I’d rather have seen Maine Rd rather than the Etihad - newer stadiums don’t have the same allure to me). 

I’m expecting us to lose, but I really hope it’s not a thrashing. There’s not quite the same feeling of anticipation that I had for the Man Utd game - as other posters have said that was a single tie with home advantage. I had a feeling we’d do them in that game. Over two legs with the form Man City are in it’s pretty difficult to see us getting through. Similar heroics to those seen against Forest in the late 1980s would be great.

38 minutes ago, spudski said:

I never dream about football. But I dreamt we scored and won the game one nil. Unfortunately we celebrated so much that the stand collapsed. Carnage. I'm dreading the third tier now :laugh:

Burnley's mistake was scoring, so that's we need to avoid in order to escape from a thrashing :whistle:

Was a sixteen year old school boy when City played Spurs in the semi final in 1970. Thought we might be well beaten but drew at Ashton Gate and then took Spurs to extra time in the replay only to lose to two late goals by Martin Chivers and Jimmy Pearce. We were well in both games and until the 97th minute at Spurs I still believed we might reach the Final.

By the time we reached our next semi final, against Forest, I was married with three kids. Two great games. It was a shame we couldn't hold on to our lead at Forest and then we were so close in the return at Ashton Gate, especially when a thunderbolt from Alan Walsh hit the post.

So yes, now as a grandad to 8, I'm just as excited about the possibility of reaching the final and will be going to the Etihad in hope (rather than expectation). I'm sure we will give a good account of ourselves, both on and off the pitch, and if we lose, so be it. Always a red!

Proud that I am that our team beat man u to get here, giving us all bragging rights over their fans found at every workplace, I can’t help but think that the sheer effort of beating united cost us six potential points against wolves and villa due to fatigue. Whilst I am excited at how far we have come in the cup, a voice keeps saying “Christ, man city means an extra two games for our threadbare squad.” So I’m nervous as the focus is all about the league for me; which it appears to be for the club too, saying man united was “the least important game of the period.” Hopefully, the new signing might get some game time to give pack or smith a rest, considering how they both were on the pitch yesterday. Yet beating united probably helped/helps with potential incoming transfers, so a good showing against man city could do wonders too. I think I would be more excited than nervous if it was a single game that we might win by being better on the day, but two games against the best team in the country by some distance is, I fear, too much. I am less nervous about the score as about subs due to injuries. Sorry!

4 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

So come on then what’s everyone’s feelings for Tuesday, I’m absolutely buzzing nearly 8,000 reds is gonna be incredible but a little part of me is bricking it, just hope they don’t score early and we collapse.

Shaking like a shi**ing dog.

On reflection we could be up against a team that go unbeaten in  the league, win the Champions league and FA cup without breaking into a sweat and Bristol City are competing with what could go down as one of the all time great sides. I am proud of what we have done so far this season and hope we can push on to promotion, beating Man Utd was an awesome night and exceeded my expectations but if we were able to pull off a win over two legs against Man City, could this be the greatest ever achievement by our club? We have said numerous times this season that there is something special about this squad but my god, Lady Luck would have to be shining down on us to keep the aggregate score to a respectable level let alone even contemplate us getting to a major cup final for the first time in over 100 years

Both...but maybe more nervous.

Honestly, a part of me would have preferred playing against Leicester, with more chances to reach the final.

That being said, this double battle against the PL leaders is surely exciting. I'm only worried about our current form and how it could affect us in the semifinals: playing two times against Citizens represents a mountain to climb in any conditions...but if our players were less tired and if we had more options on the bench...well, I'd be less nervous. :whistle: 

I hope the lads will enjoy the first leg, doing their best against Guardiola's side:  then, we'll see what happens. :yawn:

Archived