IGNORED

Leeds 0 Bristol City 1 - Well...anything is possible!!

pikeysrobins

Saw that Leeds were knock out of the FA CUP by a Bristol City player today. Last Bristol City player to score a winner against Leeds in the FA Cup.......was....???? ........Donnie Gilles... in giant killing replay of 1974. What a night that was !!

Man City are on similar run so as the Sky Sports commentator said after our winning goal against Man U - "Dreams do come true!"

Memories of City winning in shock results are few and far between. Please share your memories of this and other matches.

Watch it AGAIN!!....you know you want to!

You beat me to it. Leeds were top of the old Div 1 (Premiership). We were a division below. Leeds were unbeaten in the league. The games were played in February 1974.1-1  at Ashton Gate, replay at Leeds on a midweek afternoon due to 3 day week. Everyone said we missed our chance to win at Ashton Gate. No chance at Leeds, we win 0-1 and we are all over the front pages on the morning papers. First team to beat them that season.Anything  can happen.

A bit of a tangent, but I tend to forget just how badly pitches cut up in the winter. Used to be some real cabbage patches around, even in the top league. If we were lucky, somebody would throw a couple of buckets of sand at each end to help the goalie. 

Could you imagine this today...see at 1m onwards.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFwl11WUAg

Now, we play Rugby on them and they are still pretty pristine. Kids today!

Some of our greatest victories have been by 1-0

Leeds fa cup

Arsenal first match in Div 1

Liverpool fa cup

Portsmouth promotion

Bradford league cup 1/4 final

so after drawing 0-0 on Tuesday night we get Man City back to the Gate for our biggest 1-0 win ever. :chant6ez:

What a day out to Elland Rd ! .....like a lot of other South Bristol urchins i knocked off school ( old 4th year ) and walked down to Temple Meads before boarding the train ( one of the old 'specials' i believe.....named after the nut cases that boarded them i expect :shifty:  and waited to be transported to the 'frozen north'  where other rag- arsed delinquents would undoubtedly be waiting to welcome us with open arms . An eventful bus ride from the station to the ground ensued where a couple of Leeds fans were 'invited' to join in  a rousing chorus of 'when the red, red robin goes bob, bob bobbin' along' or exit through the 'square window' with the help of a bunch of older City fans (  in blazers no less ! ) It kicked off almost immediately we stepped off the bus with Doc Marten and 'monkey boots' connecting with the arse pockets of Levis and Tesco turn ups alike .....and we hadn't even got into what was called i believe the 'scratching shed' ( opposite end to the Gelderd where a few City had planted their flag and were busy exchanging pleasantries with the locals.... )......in we go and before long we're clambering onto the roof of the toilet block or food stall ( hard to tell the difference back then given the culinary delights available AND we were a long ,long way from a Clarks Pie ! ) in order to get a better view of Dons winner and the forlorn faces of the 'mighty Leeds ' , which they laughingly STILL call themselves ! Happy days .....and i'd love for all the younger generation to experience the same feeling of elation in Manchester this week ( ....perhaps with less Doc Marten contact.... ) COYR !

Archived