IGNORED

Fair play to the Forest crowd for staying off the pitch

dolman_man

5 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

Nottingham Forest have just beaten Arsenal 4-2. At the end , none of the crowd rushed onto the pitch to allow the players to celebrate with all of those present rather than just the selfish few. What a refreshing change!!!

Didn't realise they won in stoppage time to reach a semi final after so many years

Unless I'm mistaken, today's game was a 3rd round fixture and Forest didn't have Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Pogba and Mkhitaryan running at their defence during the last 20 minutes of the game. Also Forest didn't win the game in the last 30 seconds of injury time against maybe the biggest club in world football. 

Is there anything I've missed?

13 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

Nottingham Forest have just beaten Arsenal 4-2. At the end , none of the crowd rushed onto the pitch to allow the players to celebrate with all of those present rather than just the selfish few. What a refreshing change!!!

A painfully poor comparison that does nothing other than make you look rather silly.

10 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Unless I'm mistaken, today's game was a 3rd round fixture and Forest didn't have Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, Pogba and Mkhitaryan running at their defence during the last 20 minutes of the game. Also Forest didn't win the game in the last 30 seconds of injury time against maybe the biggest club in world football. 

Is there anything I've missed?

Doesn't matter. Invading the pitch is so Yeovil Town. Embarrassing.  

6 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Arguably the shittest thread in living history. 

Jumping to a VERY big conclusion there Fordy.

There is a ton of competition for that award!

21 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

Oh, I didn't know they've just made the semis

Sorry, just saw this was said.

19 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

Dear Mr Meldrew

You can applaud the players and acknowledge their efforts in this cup at AG after our (likely) semi final defeat

However I wouldn’t  bank on the opportunity should we somehow win the semi 

Because there would definitely be another invasion :thumbsup:

:laughcont:

This really makes me wonder what kind of joyless, monochrome world some of our fans inhabit. We've got one recent thread having a crack at Jerry, the bloke whose been to 900 away games on the trot, now we've got this, a barely concealed dig at our own for having the brevity to celebrate what's been accurately described as one of our biggest wins ever.

Unbelievable. Some of you would be better off supporting a competitive gardening team as opposed to a football club. 

11 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Doesn't matter. Invading the pitch is so Yeovil Town. Embarrassing.  

Invading the pitch is the opposite of Yeovil. Yeovil would wait with there with a half and scarf, jesters hat and big foam finger to see players doing laps of honour for winning a football match. We show our appreciation in a slightly more uncontrolled excitement type way mainly because we're passionate about our club and dont see it as an equivalent to a night at the cinema in terms of excitement.

53 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

Perhaps they should have invaded the pitch to celebrate not invading the pitch

Here's the problem.

Say we somehow get through the 2 legged semi and win it. Pitch invasion thereafter? I predict probably. Who as a fan can have an issue? Not me and I am sure 99.99 percent of everyone else. 

That's the easy and agreeable part. The problem would stem from the fact there was one v Man Utd under a month before. This would be frowned upon by the EFL, the FA, the police probably and certainly the SAG.

Then you factor in the fact we have had issues with pyros at start of season, to the extent the club had to request/warn us that we could be heading for trouble. You factor in a pyro v Boro and another game as well...

Point is I think it would be frowned upon severely by the aforementioned bodies. Perhaps I am being overly alarmist but on Sky, seen by all...probably will be someone senior from the SAG there too. Asking for trouble if.there's another pitch invasion I fear.

Archived