IGNORED

VAR

Gifford

Saw something a few weeks ago (probably after the Utd game) that we wouldn't be using it as the technology at Ashton Gate isn't up to it? After the refurb I find that hard to believe, surely it's just someone sat in front of a screen!?

4 minutes ago, Taz said:

Saw something a few weeks ago (probably after the Utd game) that we wouldn't be using it as the technology at Ashton Gate isn't up to it? After the refurb I find that hard to believe, surely it's just someone sat in front of a screen!?

It's actually all done remotely at the Premier League Match Centre near Heathrow. Presumably we don't have the required data links set up between AG and the PLMC.

1 hour ago, Gifford said:

To be used Chelsea v Arsenal and the final but not our semi.

I can see it being our semi that needs it and what ultimately cost us a place in the final.

Or it might be the 8 goals that Man City are likely to score..!

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It's actually all done remotely at the Premier League Match Centre near Heathrow. Presumably we don't have the required data links set up between AG and the PLMC.

Fair enough, didn't know that.  

Talk about reinventing the wheel though, surely someone sat in front of a screen could do the same job at the ground :blink:

15 minutes ago, Taz said:

Fair enough, didn't know that.  

Talk about reinventing the wheel though, surely someone sat in front of a screen could do the same job at the ground :blink:

3 or 4 local officials can man the monitors and playback check things in a special facility though, also help each other - as opposed to say 44 officials all over the country. If the are just checking controversial points, or incidents pointed out by the 4th official (managers concerns). no need for to many people.

Archived