IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

I think we might need bodies though.  Might not be our no1 choice, hence loan is less of a risk.

Walsh, although here for the now, is not guaranteed to hit the ground running.  Of course he may though.

Pack will miss 2 games at some point.

We’ve scraped through with the same players for a month or so, I don’t think we can afford another period of flogging the same players, especially if any of our injured players get setbacks.

The inability to bring anyone else in beyond Jan 31, is a risk.  Rather have a bit of bloat. 

Think he would be perfect on the right for us for the rest of the season. Callum probably not full strength until mid Feb to March and takes away any thoughts of pushing him too soon. It is all about options and we will have loads if we get another striker plus Kent in. 

Full strength we could have this team and bench

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

O’Dowda Smith Brownhill Pato

Reid Famara

Steele, Mags, Walsh, Djuric, Nmecha, Kent, Eliasson

Loads of options to change a game from the bench plus versatility in many positions. For me, that is a strong team pushing for the second spot and well off if needed in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think he would be perfect on the right for us for the rest of the season. Callum probably not full strength until mid Feb to March and takes away any thoughts of pushing him too soon. It is all about options and we will have loads if we get another striker plus Kent in. 

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid Famara

Loads of options to change a game from the bench plus versatility in many positions. For me, that is a strong team pushing for the second spot and well off if needed in the playoffs. 

Pack??

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

Brown is wasted at rm but is a good option if we need someone who can defend reminds me of milner can play on the wing but way better in cm . for me pack has improved this season but for me id play brownhill alongside corey if playing a 2 cms 

Brownhill and Smith really struggled against QPR, when Pack came on he changed the game. The 3 of them combined really play well together but if we only played two I’d pick Pack as first choice every time. 

45 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid Famara

Be nice to have a 'proper' right back

Brownhill and Smith is a weak midfield. Brownhill, Smith and Pack on the other hand, with Walsh waiting in the wings, is much stronger.

The one thing you can guarantee is that if we sign Kent, he will be playing as otherwise Liverpool will fine us. Must admit I do like the way Liverpool have done that. Yes you can have one of our hot prospects but it has to benefit all of us and if not you pay for it!

3 hours ago, BCFC J said:

I hope we don't. Controversial, but he has little end product. Would love him on a permanent as it's something that can be coached, as we've seen with Callum O'Dowda.

I would say he’s well ahead of O’dowda in his ability and potential hence why Liverpool gave him a new contract last summer 

Would bring a different dimension with his pace and skill

10 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Pack??

Was bound to miss someone. That is a team filled with quality. 

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Be nice to have a 'proper' right back

I agree just haven’t been linked with one yet. I love Pisano but fear he will be out too long to help much. 

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I dont think that necessarily means he's better than odowda. If someone of odowda's potential came through at Liverpool then I reckon they'd give him a new contract too. Massive potential.

I didn’t say he was better I said he was ahead of him in his ability and potential. He’s been training and coached by one of the biggest clubs, played more league games at a decent level so is ahead of Callum in that area.

52 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Tammy was always going to play. Will Kent? 

I read somewhere that he had to play 70% of the games at Barnsley to avoid the fines. We have 20 league games left so he would have to play about 14 games for us. Roughly 4 league games before COD is back. Plus match fitness is another 2. So 8 more games out of 14 he would have to appear. I don’t think it would be too hard a task especially considering Pato has missed games too. 

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid Famara

Full strength and you don't have Pack in your 18 with a load of unproven kids ahead of him???

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Define massive. How are these things calculated?

Saw a quote from a Championship manager earlier this season who said they were paying a loan player £10k a week.

If he didn't play they still had to pay the £10k plus the same amount to the club they loaned him from, so £20k a week!

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Saw a quote from a Championship manager earlier this season who said they were paying a loan player £10k a week.

If he didn't play they still had to pay the £10k plus the same amount to the club they loaned him from, so £20k a week!

Interesting - in theory then you could loan someone like Kent for approx 20 weeks or so (if you got him early Jan through to June).

Highest possible cost of that loan could be around 400k then if the same wages and penalty also applied.

For LJ I suppose he has to weigh up whether it’s worth that potential cost for a loan player if he believes he’ll get us over the line. Not a huge amount in the scheme of things if we’re promoted.

Then again, if the parent club aren’t satisfied it might affect future transfer dealings.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - in theory then you could loan someone like Kent for approx 20 weeks or so (if you got him early Jan through to June).

Highest possible cost of that loan could be around 400k then if the same wages and penalty also applied.

For LJ I suppose he has to weigh up whether it’s worth that potential cost for a loan player if he believes he’ll get us over the line. Not a huge amount in the scheme of things if we’re promoted.

Then again, if the parent club aren’t satisfied it might affect future transfer dealings.

Good points but if we were to get over the line and get to the promise land, I doubt they would be forth coming with loans to us anyway. As you said tho 400k in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Would provide great cover for COD and gives competition. I for one hope this deal comes off. 

Archived