IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Saw a quote from a Championship manager earlier this season who said they were paying a loan player £10k a week.

If he didn't play they still had to pay the £10k plus the same amount to the club they loaned him from, so £20k a week!

I guess that is a lot of money to not play someone. Blimey. I wonder if sub apps count? 

Seem to remember Mark Ashton saying that us and Chelsea had what he referred to as a Commercial Agreement regarding Tammy but he didn't elaborate, only saying that he wasn't obliged to start as some had suggested. TBF it probably turned out much better than anyone anticipated so maybe the agreement was a loan fee (or driving lessons) rather than any particular guarantee. Quite surprised we haven't seen anyone from Chelsea come West given the success of Tammy's spell here, actually. 

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - in theory then you could loan someone like Kent for approx 20 weeks or so (if you got him early Jan through to June).

Highest possible cost of that loan could be around 400k then if the same wages and penalty also applied.

For LJ I suppose he has to weigh up whether it’s worth that potential cost for a loan player if he believes he’ll get us over the line. Not a huge amount in the scheme of things if we’re promoted.

Then again, if the parent club aren’t satisfied it might affect future transfer dealings.

So we’d be paying several Tilsons to borrow a player? Mind the gap.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Hi heard anything about this @Woodsy?

Well, funny you should mention this, Fordy

I've just had a text, same source as the infamous 'outgoing' thread, Kent is on his way. Not sure if loan or permanent, I'd guess at loan

Just stuck my phone on charge to deal with all the abuse

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I've just had a text, same source as the infamous 'outgoing' thread, Kent is on his way. Not sure if loan or permanent, I'd guess at loan

What a funny coincidence!

32 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Oh god, we know where this is going. Stop trying to hog all the threads in the classic forum! :laugh:

The biggest hurdle for this deal, is not the player, but the huge loan fee Liverpool want for him.

Watkins could come in ahead of him as an alternative.

Depends on what can be agreed or thrashed out.

Some teams want their cake and eat it...pay us for his services, agree to play him, pay a huge part of his wages and develop him for us.

Archived