IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

'Promise to play him'? What exactly does that mean? IF we're being told he plays every game, they can do one as COD will be back soon. If it means he will play a part in some games, fair enough but I don't like the sound of it TBH.

Yeh it's not great to know we have these clauses but maybe they're par for the course.  Maybe we've costed out those penalties and decided it is worth it to have Kent here to cover for COD until he's back (and thus allow Brownhill/Pack/Smith/Walsh to rotate through midfield) knowing that he then may get reduced minutes once COD is back.

Who knows - maybe COD busts his ACL in his return game, maybe he crashed his car, maybe he does any other number of things that mean he's out for the rest of the season.  Really can't hurt to have a prem loan kid here, whatever the potential penalties.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

'Promise to play him'? What exactly does that mean? IF we're being told he plays every game, they can do one as COD will be back soon. If it means he will play a part in some games, fair enough but I don't like the sound of it TBH.

Last thing Liverpool want is loaning out a young talent and he doesn't play. 

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Last thing Liverpool want is loaning out a young talent and he doesn't play. 

Being devils' advocate, the last thing city want is to play a player that doesn't know how we play / is out of form. I don't give a monkey's about Liverpool but care intensely about city. 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Being devils' advocate, the last thing city want is to play a player that doesn't know how we play / is out of form. I don't give a monkey's about Liverpool but care intensely about city. 

Well as he's played for LJ at Barnsley I would like to think he has a good idea as to how we play

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just saying that Liverpool have to look after their player.

Just now, Super said:

Just saying that Liverpool have to look after their player.

I totally appreciate that Super and don't disagree but I don't like the idea of our club being forced to do something we may not want to do. If COD gets back to his form pre-injury, he's not far off undroppable as he was superb. I just hope this doesn't harm our chances because we have to play master Kent, that's all.

4 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I totally appreciate that Super and don't disagree but I don't like the idea of our club being forced to do something we may not want to do. If COD gets back to his form pre-injury, he's not far off undroppable as he was superb. I just hope this doesn't harm our chances because we have to play master Kent, that's all.

To be fair though it doesn't sound like we are being forced to play him.  There will just be a fee to pay if we do not play him x number of minutes or appearances.  If the club has calculated that such a penalty fee is affordable then where is the issue?

I agree mate. You can see it from both sides tbh.

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be fair though it doesn't sound like we are being forced to play him.  There will just be a fee to pay if we do not play him x number of minutes or appearances.  If the club has calculated that such a penalty fee is affordable then where is the issue?

It's not an 'issue' EA, more a concern. Whatever happened to the days of 'if he's good enough, I'll play him'? What if he picks up a slight knock, do we still have to play him or risk a fine? I've no idea TBH.

I don't mean that to sound negative and agree with kevthered FWIW but feel we're being backed into a corner a bit.

It's not an 'issue' EA, more a concern. Whatever happened to the days of 'if he's good enough, I'll play him'? What if he picks up a slight knock, do we still have to play him or risk a fine? I've no idea TBH.

I'm no expert on sport contracts but I would expect there are clauses within the loan deal that cover off what happens in the event of an injury.  If I were negotiating it I'd ensure that missing games through injury did not trigger a penalty payment. 

Don't get me wrong I understand your concern - no team wants it's first XI dictated by another, but I am confidant that MA, LJ and their team have enough experience - and good enough lawyers - to make sure that any deal doesn't disadvantage Bristol City.

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't mean that to sound negative and agree with kevthered FWIW but feel we're being backed into a corner a bit.

Not a prayer that we'll be backed into a corner on anything, if we secure him, it'll be on a deal that is acceptable to us.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm no expert on sport contracts but I would expect there are clauses within the loan deal that cover off what happens in the event of an injury.  If I were negotiating it I'd ensure that missing games through injury did not trigger a penalty payment. 

Don't get me wrong I understand your concern - no team wants it's first XI dictated by another, but I am confidant that MA, LJ and their team have enough experience - and good enough lawyers - to make sure that any deal doesn't disadvantage Bristol City.

I'm sure you're right Exiled, just seems a tad pushy on Liverpool's part. 

41 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh it's not great to know we have these clauses but maybe they're par for the course.  Maybe we've costed out those penalties and decided it is worth it to have Kent here to cover for COD until he's back (and thus allow Brownhill/Pack/Smith/Walsh to rotate through midfield) knowing that he then may get reduced minutes once COD is back.

Who knows - maybe COD busts his ACL in his return game, maybe he crashed his car, maybe he does any other number of things that mean he's out for the rest of the season.  Really can't hurt to have a prem loan kid here, whatever the potential penalties.

Well if he's as good as the last player we had that crashed a car, I don't think that we'll be too disappointed!!

Archived