IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Left sided so I guess frees up Patts and will leave COD to play on right when fit

Add Josh and Walsh to central midfield options , Patts to a no 10 role and the cupboard looks less bare

Still need a RB imo.

Then, with Duric and Fammy due back soon we would have good competition and rotation options which will be crucial in the coming months.

1 hour ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Not a prayer that we'll be backed into a corner on anything, if we secure him, it'll be on a deal that is acceptable to us.

Absolutely this. After our history with signings so say demanding ‘X’ in the past and us giving in to it, I don’t think there’s any way in hell a player will come to us now and tell MA/LJ/SL what’s going to happen.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm no expert on sport contracts but I would expect there are clauses within the loan deal that cover off what happens in the event of an injury.  If I were negotiating it I'd ensure that missing games through injury did not trigger a penalty payment. 

Don't get me wrong I understand your concern - no team wants it's first XI dictated by another, but I am confidant that MA, LJ and their team have enough experience - and good enough lawyers - to make sure that any deal doesn't disadvantage Bristol City.

I don’t think the contract signed would influence team selection.  The terms of it would dictate whether we agreed to it or not in the first place.

MA / LJ will be going into the deal eyes wide open.  If they think it’s right, then great.

1 minute ago, City Ben said:

Just because there’s a fee for not playing him doesn’t mean that we can’t not play him. There just a cost. 

It’s much the the same as being able to pay £50 to be able to drive in bus lanes all day :-) 

If you want to drive in bus lanes all day, it would be cheaper to become a bus driver.

£50 a day ffs- scandalous!!!

Archived