IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

47 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I'm a little concerned that it appears we have had to guarantee a certain amount of appearances, with a penalty clause.

Given the potential rewards of getting promoted to the Premier League, if he turned out to be substandard, we would not be afraid to breach the penalty clause. I imagine it's somewhere between £750k - £1.5 million and given what is at stake, it would not be worth playing him for the sake of it. 

City may have used the “fines” as a way of driving down the loan fee - pitching it on the basis that if he plays he does so on credit which will only enhance him as a player for them to reap the rewards and if he doesn’t then we will make up the loan fee in penalty’s for lack of minutes. All I know is that the team we have dealing with all the transfers certainly know how to get the best possible deal for the club. They haven’t let us down so far

50 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I agree, the club won't have stumbled in to this agreement without understanding the financial costs. If they're happy with the deal then so am I. If they weren't happy - it wouldn't have gone ahead. Simple. Besides, who knows, this could mean one of our wingers are off (transfer or loan) creating space and more opportunities for Kent getting game time. 

I don't believe we will shift any first team squad players out on loan as we need to have as many available as possible to cover every eventuality between now and early May. The lack of even one, could prove to be crucial. 

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Bristol City are closing in on a deal to sign Liverpool winger Ryan Kent on loan for the rest of the season, according to Sky sources.

Kent returned to Merseyside earlier this month after cutting short his loan spell at Bundesliga side Freiburg. The 21-year-old, who signed a long-term contract at Liverpool in August, made only six appearances while in Germany.

He has also attracted interest from Sheffield United.

Im worried about sheffield united.

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is he actually much good? (Genuine question) 

I know he’s young, but his stats are hardly eye catching. 

3 goals & 3 assists for Barnsley, in 44 appearances last season. 

Barnsley fans saying very quick/skillful but final ball/decision making very poor-also defensively niave-Wes Burns!!??.....well,let's hope he's used sensibly.

7 hours ago, Xiled said:

He looks like a video game character dropped into a real game. Incredible feet.

Leko also had incredible foot work, sheer brilliance against Derby and almost unplayable, then.......... nothing. 

Wide men seem to be like this at our level. Still, when it happens look forward to it and see how it pans out

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is he actually much good? (Genuine question) 

I know he’s young, but his stats are hardly eye catching. 

3 goals & 3 assists for Barnsley, in 44 appearances last season. 

There are numerous ways of contributing to the overall team performance. LJ praises COD for his ability to carry the ball forward for us and it looks like this guy can do the same 

Archived