IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Does seem its a done deal just not announced yet.

Yep. Good option I think. People need to bear in mind O'Dowda is still about a month away, and will take a few games to get back to full fitness. That's still a lot of matches away. This gives us another good option on the wing. Pato on the other, and two from Korey, Brownhill and Pack in the middle. With Milan and Fam to return soon to support Bobby.

4 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Yep. Good option I think. People need to bear in mind O'Dowda is still about a month away, and will take a few games to get back to full fitness. That's still a lot of matches away. This gives us another good option on the wing. Pato on the other, and two from Korey, Brownhill and Pack in the middle. With Milan and Fam to return soon to support Bobby.

And walshy 

19 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Paul Joyce (Northern Football Correspondent for the Times) has confirmed that Kent's joined until the end of the season. I'd copy his tweet here if I knew how to. 

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/951735767717597184

This is a certainty then, I've followed Paul Joyce for a while and hes spot on every time with all things Liverpool & Everton

This signing would really make me feel like there’s a little bit of breathing space in the squad.

Never before have I felt so tired of watching football, so god knows how bad the lads playing must feel. 

Walsh & Kent + A N Other really make it look like we’re gunning for second! It’s going to be exciting if nothing else!

There are too many rumours from too many sources for there not to be something in this. I am glad the club are at least trying to go for that promotion place as I don’t think we will get a better shot at it for a while (assuming that we won’t be able to hold onto some players in the summer if we don’t succeed this time).  Do or die from now on.

Gulp. It’s all beginning to feel a bit real now!

1 minute ago, Collis1 said:

I notice all the Liverpool fans are saying what a great move it is for him. Don't underestimate what those performances against MUFC and MCFC do for the stature of the club!

That’s exactly the point I was meaning to make. Surely our league status and games in the cup (not FA!) and all the media attention we are getting will attract players we wouldn’t have a hope of getting in the past, permanently or on loan. The redevelopment of the stadium and training ground etc have also helped enormously. We are billing ourselves as a club going places with the means and the players to do so. 

1 minute ago, RedM said:

That’s exactly the point I was meaning to make. Surely our league status and games in the cup (not FA!) and all the media attention we are getting will attract players we wouldn’t have a hope of getting in the past, permanently or on loan. The redevelopment of the stadium and training ground etc have also helped enormously. We are billing ourselves as a club going places with the means and the players to do so. 

Agreed rm. Also think a shout out to the management team as well as club hierarchy for the way we conduct ourselves and our business is being noticed. 

Wood be rude not to through a little credit our way as well. Fans have stepped up to the plate so many times it makes the hairs stand up just thinking about it. 

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There are numerous ways of contributing to the overall team performance. LJ praises COD for his ability to carry the ball forward for us and it looks like this guy can do the same 

I was about to say this. 

A rough diamond, but skilful and direct - and another player who can really run at and stretch defences. 

Could be very key against teams who might be more defensively minded to do the old border collie in the herd of sheep and break things up a bit.

Think his end product will improve for having the support of players like Bryan, Pato, Smith around him and Famara on the end of his crosses.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yep. It's very difficult to prove, but who knows whether Walsh would have signed on if he hadn't watched the United game and seen all the positive comments from the media...? It almost certainly played a part.

I'll admit to not knowing much about him apart from what has been said on here.

I did just ask my Liverpool supporting colleague what he was like though and he said the following;

'I saw him play in a pre-season tournament for us and he looked amazing, thought this guy needs to be in the first team squad this season'.

:clapping:

5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

If you could choose from this guy or Marley Watkins who would you go for? 

I would opt for Ryan Kent, if it is for only six months. I think our biggest weakness at present is the lack of pace in the team. Kent likes to run at players and I think it could compliment our style perfectly, provided he is willing to put a shift in defensively. On Tuesday we saw how beautifully Man City countered at pace and a number of times this season I feel like we've moved the ball quite slowly.

I'm looking forward to seeing a Bryan and Kent partnership down the left hand side but I would be a little weary of starting him against Derby next Friday given how it often takes time for a partnership to form. On paper this seems like a very good signing. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Certainly sounds as though he'll be an upgrade on Leko.

Indeed. Could it be WBA have done us more of a favour taking him back than lending him in the first place. Leko might be a good player one day, and perhaps if we were mid table with not too much happening we might have had the time and the patience to develop him, but I think we need someone a bit more ready.

Archived