IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Get a grip fella. He's barely been at the club 2 minutes. Give the lad a chance or find another club to support. Does my nut in these types of ‘fans’. 

You’re well know for getting on your high horse on here mate. Just not gonna rise to it. :yawn:

2 hours ago, Jockmcwurzel said:

.....Was visably very emotional and a few poor touches and missed vision of passes coming his way meant he started over trying.....

Can you elaborate? I'm too far away from the left wing to see players' expressions. I can't imagine he was overawed with the league experience he has so just curious.

I was really eager to see him play but with hindsight, it was too early. His potential was obvious but he was not ready for our 'give and go' game. I won't write him off on a difficult afternoon when he's literally just arrived. Best of luck Ryan.

Ridiculous to bring Kent on ahead of Eliasson yesterday imo, all this talk about knowing the roles in the team combined with LJ saying how Eliasson needs to prove himself on the pitch as he does in training but then doesn’t even get him on the pitch. Instead brings on someone who barely knows his teammates let alone his roles in the squad. 

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Ridiculous to bring Kent on ahead of Eliasson yesterday imo, all this talk about knowing the roles in the team combined with LJ saying how Eliasson needs to prove himself on the pitch as he does in training but then doesn’t even get him on the pitch. Instead brings on someone who barely knows his teammates let alone his roles in the squad. 

Yep, said this yesterday. Although I also said LJ would probably have got pelters if he hadn’t brought him on and we still lost. 

Think everyone needs to calm the **** down.

20 min debut in what was a flat performance team-wide after the intensity of Tuesday and doesn’t set the world on fire - he’d not be the first player to have a stinking start, only to prove very useful.

Wade Elliott was immediately written off in his first game: turned out to be one of the best signings we’ve made in recent years.

Still in the top six, despite three losses; this time last year we’d just lost our seventh game on the bounce against bloody Cardiff, were 19th, and had just 27 points - as it stands we’ve loads to play for and plenty of time to do it in.

COYR

18 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Give the kid a chance. I doubt he even knows everyone's name yet, let alone how we play. I saw him turn 3 players inside out, at speed, and almost score (I didn't see anyone else do that today). Let's see how he is after he's got a bit of understanding with the rest of the team.

Should not have had any game time until he knew the players and how we play. Very poor management by LJ. 

For me its not a case of blaming Kent for the goal but more Johnson for putting him in that position. It was clear it was too early for him to be out there without knowing his team mates. Going forward he looked like he could be a real threat but was obviously not given the correct briefing on what to do defensively. I have no doubt in his ability and am sure he will be a good addition to the team.

17 minutes ago, wesco said:

For me its not a case of blaming Kent for the goal but more Johnson for putting him in that position. It was clear it was too early for him to be out there without knowing his team mates. Going forward he looked like he could be a real threat but was obviously not given the correct briefing on what to do defensively. I have no doubt in his ability and am sure he will be a good addition to the team.

This is the problem with having (as is rumoured) a loan player that we get fined for if he doesn't play.

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is the problem with having (as is rumoured) a loan player that we get fined for if he doesn't play.

I don't understand why people are fixated on this? How much is the alleged fine likely to be? Probably about the same as paying someone an appearance fee or a goal bonus. We're not Rovers surely we can afford a fine. Lets face it, if he hadn't had come on Saturday, people would be moaning why sign him if we're not going to play him. Once we lost on Saturday, LJ and Kent were always going to be in a no win situation.

Given he would have had a full week's training with his fellow players and coaching staff by the time we face Derby, I'm guessing he'll work out quickly what's expected of him in regards to wearing the red shirt of Bristol City.

He'll be fine, but we need to give the poor sod some leeway here, given he's not played much since Aug and that he's got to settle in a wee bit before showing us his true worth! 

I attended the game on Saturday with a friend of mine who is a Norwich fan. After the game we were talking about Kent and he said that Norwich traditionally will sign a player and not play them for 4 weeks to allow them to settle in and get used to the team. Now obviously this is harder with loan players as your wanting more of an impact over a shorter time but thought it was an interesting approach. 

Wasn't aware we are going to get fined if Kent doesn't play, seems an odd thing to write in to the agreement but guess I can understand why Liverpool would want it included in the deal. 

On 13/01/2018 at 18:41, Ashtonwurzel said:

I was shocked at how poor and lacklustre he was today, kick and run merchant who didn't want to defend and cost us their goal by not simply tracking back. Red flag for me was when he mysteriously returned from Germany with no real reason given. Really hope I am wrong and that he was nervous or rusty but that had to be one of the worst debuts I have ever seen !!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-ryan-kent-jurgen-klopps-1069243

Didn't realise that he hadn't played much at all this season ! Probably explains the performance. Really hope this is the case.

On 13/01/2018 at 18:47, OldlandReddies said:

Some embarassing, ridiculous comments on here about Kent. The lad has spent 5 mins with his new team mates, not trained with us, not played a full game for some time and probably had a brief chat with Lee or Dean about the way we play. For christ sake give him a proper chance. Hope he has a stormer v Derby and scores the winner to shut you lot up. 

I hope so too but if all you say is accurate then he should not have come on until he is ready; the game was too important by a distance to throw on someone as you describe.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 20:22, Harry said:

Whilst the lad wasn’t the greatest I have to say, some of the comments here are ludicrous. 

Firstly, someone commented that Bryan was screaming for Kent to overlap him, whereas I saw on a couple of occasions the complete opposite. A couple of times Kent had the ball and looked round expecting Bryan to overlap into space but he was just standing there waiting for Kent to pass back to him. 

Also, Kent, Korey & Taylor on 3 separate occasions had to berate Bryan for poor passes down the line or into a channel. 

Finally, for their goal, correct me if I’m wrong but the only player of theirs down our whole left quarter of the pitch their full back. We had our CB’s perfectly set so why Bryan was tucked so far in, literally 2 yards away from Baker, I have no idea. Bryan should have gone out to meet their player, he was after all the only Norwich player in the vicinity and that should be Bryan’s area to patrol if there is no immediate danger to the CB’s. 

As it was, Kent actually DID track back and faced up their player, which is what forces him into playing it back rather than crossing it. So those saying he was lazy and didn’t track back need to actually watch it again, as he did, so you’re wrong. How could he be accused of not tracking back when he’s the one who prevents the cross?? 

Then, once it goes back to Maddison, Pack, Baker & Flint all make an effort to close him down. Bryan just stands in the same spot, covering no one and doing nothing. He’s actually happily watched both his centre backs come out of their positions to close the danger down whilst done nothing himself. 

Sorry, look at it and understand that Kent does track, Bryan does eff-all for the whole of their attack. 

Hi mate...you know I think the same about Bryan as you do. However...on this occasion it wasn't Bryans fault. Watch the extended highlights back. You can see why Bryan comes inside, to track a runner that our CM haven't picked up. Our CB's have moved across and covering others. There was a huge pass on to the runner, which had got ahead of our CM. Bryan had to come inside to cover it. When he did...the RB for Norwich saw the space left by Bryan and ran into it. Kent didn't track that run til late....which allowed the initial cross field pass. If he had been alert, the cross field pass wouldn't have been on and the offensive move would have been different.

The whole move could have been avoided before it got in to our third.

Where Bryan slipped up was later in the move, where he let his man go, and went to the front post ball watching. Baker and Walsh both saw it before him, but it was too late to react effectively enough.

Kent didn't track back quick enough and Bryan left his man and ball watched.

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-ryan-kent-jurgen-klopps-1069243

Didn't realise that he hadn't played much at all this season ! Probably explains the performance. Really hope this is the case.

Gotta say, even though it's the Evil Post, that's a fantastic article. He's comes across as a sensible lad and very eloquent. Also good to hear he follows his local team, must be easy to jump on the big club bandwagon being from the north-west.

Interestingly, there is now this article on the BBC about Marko Grujic's loan deal at Cardiff:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42744447

It suggests that Cardiff will be 'Financially punished' if Grujic does not make 14 appearances.

Now I know not all deals are the same, but based on similar rumours going around when we were signing Kent, it seems likely the same might apply to us, should Kent fail to appear in 14/15 games. 14/19 for Cardiff is close to 75% so it's probably around that for us too, but there was an extra game, so 75% of 20 matches, would mean 15 appearances.

Archived