IGNORED

Where should I live?

BRISTOL86

• Admin
1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I like Keynsham a lot to be fair. Walking distance to Brassmills for Sunday lunch would be a winner :icecream:

Brassmills.....  the only pub I have ever gone into and walked out of without having a beer, they even had Timothy Taylor Landlord on, but the trampoline and kids area was enough to see me scurrying for the sanctity of the Lock Keeper.

47 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Brassmills.....  the only pub I have ever gone into and walked out of without having a beer, they even had Timothy Taylor Landlord on, but the trampoline and kids area was enough to see me scurrying for the sanctity of the Lock Keeper.

I’ve only ever been there for Sunday lunch and it was amazing. Full of old dears rather than kids the couple of times I’ve been!

Having lived in Bristol all my life i decided I wanted a slower pace of life and somewhere nice for my kids to grow up so i recently moved out to the outskirts of Thornbury into one of the new housing developments and I'm delighted I made that choice.

The development is right on the edge of the countryside with views over to Wales. The schools are of a very high standard and that was one of my main reasons for moving here. Nothing of any note really happens out here and that suits me perfectly. It feels very safe living here.

I live less than 10 mins from the M5 junction which is handy. I heard they may be considering adding a M4 junction at some point?

I'm not going to lie, sometimes it can take upto an hour to get into Bristol but the majority of the time it'd about 40-45 minutes depending on what route you take. 

I'd highly advise coming out here and viewing one of the show homes, I was instantly sold once a came and viewed. 

You of course could buy in thornbury but for me, modern living on the edge of the countryside was a huge pull.

On the Somerset side, 45 minutes drive would get you to some of the nice villages around Cheddar (esp Wedmore) via A38 -  though that timing problem ignores rush hour traffic. It’s not cheap around there either. Or the area around Brent Knoll - close to the M5 junction.

Archived