IGNORED

Sky in Austria

Nuno Gomes

Living in Austria, I feel like I have finally found a topic to which I can add some value!

I used to use HMA (VPN) to watch Sky Go using my dad's subscription but for the past few months that has hardly worked. What I know works for sure is Unlocator. They do a 3 day free trial, so if its a short term fix you could sign up for that (with no commitment), test that it works today and then be all set up for tomorrow night.

Failing that, there will certainly be an Irish bar showing it somewhere in a place the size of Lech.

57 minutes ago, Pugofwar said:

Living in Austria, I feel like I have finally found a topic to which I can add some value!

I used to use HMA (VPN) to watch Sky Go using my dad's subscription but for the past few months that has hardly worked. What I know works for sure is Unlocator. They do a 3 day free trial, so if its a short term fix you could sign up for that (with no commitment), test that it works today and then be all set up for tomorrow night.

Failing that, there will certainly be an Irish bar showing it somewhere in a place the size of Lech.

Whereabouts? I lived in Innsbruck for a year. I remember my local Irish bar (Limerick Bill's if you've ever been) would only open early to show the Bristol derby if I brought 10 people with me, so I ended up recruiting 10 random international students from Belgium, Canada, USA and Ireland to come with me. It was possibly one of the worst derby matches ever. A 0-0 bore draw.

18 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Whereabouts? I lived in Innsbruck for a year. I remember my local Irish bar (Limerick Bill's if you've ever been) would only open early to show the Bristol derby if I brought 10 people with me, so I ended up recruiting 10 random international students from Belgium, Canada, USA and Ireland to come with me. It was possibly one of the worst derby matches ever. A 0-0 bore draw.

perhaps because Manc Blue are involved they might show it…

1 hour ago, Pugofwar said:

Pugowar - great stuff.  Tried it and works great.  Fingers crosssed for tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Stranded in Austria (Lech) skiing and as much as I would like to be home to watch the match I’ve got to put up with the snow and apres. Anyone know where/ how I could watch the match tomorrow?

I forget the name of the hotel itself, but imagine you are leaving Lech, with the main shops/ski lifts on your left as you start to climb the hill on the way to the underground car park - the old ruins are on your right hand side. 

The hotel is the last on the left hand side, outside bar open both pre and apres-ski and has a wonderful bar area with international TV - and wonderful apfel-strudel!

4 hours ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

I'm in Vienna, been here for a few years now. There's plenty of international pubs here with loads of screens so it's not too difficult to get them to show the City games when we're on (which has been a lot this season). Innsbruck is a great town, love it down there! 

I know a couple of other guys from the Bristol area living here in Vienna, but bizarrely and disappointingly they are both gasheads :(

6 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Stranded in Austria (Lech) skiing and as much as I would like to be home to watch the match I’ve got to put up with the snow and apres. Anyone know where/ how I could watch the match tomorrow?

Could be worse - you could be in Flachau...

Archived