IGNORED

Team v Man City

Dave

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Whilst I do not think we can or should go ultra-defensive, I do think a 3-man midfield may be sensible, which may mean Walsh starts. 

Although I agree to an extent, Man City will, even without some of their bigger stars, pick us apart if we sit too much. For me it is important to have at least three players ready to break at any point and they must have pace. 

If two of those players are part of a midfield five then go for it, but we can't be too defensive. Take it to them like we did Man U

22 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Although I agree to an extent, Man City will, even without some of their bigger stars, pick us apart if we sit too much. For me it is important to have at least three players ready to break at any point and they must have pace. 

If two of those players are part of a midfield five then go for it, but we can't be too defensive. Take it to them like we did Man U

Yeah - I agree with that. I saw it as a midfield five with at least three players (Walsh, Brownhill and Paterson) prepared to push on and support the striker. 

We need to outnumber them in midfield. So 4 at the back, 6 in midfield with Bobby as a false no.9.  Fielding or Steele in goal makes little difference to me.  I suppose we need to play this game in a similar way to how we played the other Manchester lot.

Steele

Wright Flint Baker Maggers

Patto Brownhill Smith Pack Bryan

Reid

Could bring Walsh into midfield and drop Joe back to RB in place of Maggers I suppose. What is Walsh's best position?

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We need to outnumber them in midfield. So 4 at the back, 6 in midfield with Bobby as a false no.9.  Fielding or Steele in goal makes little difference to me.  I suppose we need to play this game in a similar way to how we played the other Manchester lot.

Steele

Reid

Could bring Walsh into midfield and drop Joe back to RB in place of Maggers I suppose. What is Walsh's best position?

Bryan to LB definitely for me - need our strongest back 4.

Patterson on left, Brownhill on right with Smith and Pack sitting - let Walsh play as a false 10

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

Patterson on left, Brownhill on right with Smith and Pack sitting - let Walsh play as a false 10

This is exactly the 11 I'd put out myself but it crossed my mind that -

a) We'd lose the long throw option, and who knows how few opportunities we'll have up there? 

b) Brownhill is, not wasted as such on the wing, but he's so much more effective in that middle three

1 hour ago, Super said:

Garita.

Beat me to it.  Would love him to come on and meg Kompany :yes:

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Steele

Reid

Possible team 1

9 minutes ago, Neo said:

Possible team 2

Petsonally I can’t see any other likely side than these two, unless we have a new signing.

Whoever we play at full back is likely to have a torried time, would rather it would be Bailey at RB (even though he's gonna get skinned if Sane plays, at least he'll kick him a few times which might hamper his play style) and Joe at LB (if Sterling plays he may have a chance of keeping up with his pace). My worry if Mags plays is that 1. He's too slow to keep up and 2. He's less of a physical presence to 'let them know they're in a game' 

39 minutes ago, eardun said:

I have a sneaky feeling Walsh is going to start:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Brownhill Smith Walsh Pack Paterson 

Reid

If there is "a debut" then he has to..

39 minutes ago, eardun said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid

I like the look of that.

44 minutes ago, eardun said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid

Switch Walsh and Pack round and you're on to a winner.

54 minutes ago, eardun said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid

That would be my team exactly. Depends how well Walsh has been gelling with the other lads in training, of course, but I think the young lad will be fired up to the max to try and impress both his new fans and his former employers.

6 minutes ago, internetjef said:

This looks like a really good shout

Could be 4141 I suppose with Pack as the withdrawn midfielder, but I think that will drag us deep.  Would prefer it to be 451 or 4411.  The important thing is that we work in shifts, rotating the press, even if that’s Reid at some point to allow someone else a bit of a breather.

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Steele

Reid

Ask Cotteril-on the bench!

4 hours ago, eardun said:

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker Bryan

Reid

Would go with that,but with Brownhill alongside Walsh with Korey on the right..

Archived