IGNORED

Now Yeovil draw Man Utd

Leveller

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Petition to rename Somerset to Greater Bristol?

Good move, then we can annex south Glos and tax them all till the pups squeak to pay for Marvibd marvellous underground. ;)

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

We're south of the river so historically Somerset!

Er, Bristol a City & County for over 600 years, except for the dark few years of Avon. Somerset my arse. :whistle:

6 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Good move, then we can annex south Glos and tax them all till the pups squeak to pay for Marvibd marvellous underground. ;)

Er, Bristol a City & County for over 600 years, except for the dark few years of Avon. Somerset my arse. :whistle:

Not 600 years pal!

"Bedminster is Bristol's famous southern suburb. For many centuries it was a separate town and until 1831 in the county of Somerset."

http://www.bafhs.org.uk/bafhs-parishes/other-bafhs-parishes/52-bedminster

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not 600 years pal!

"Bedminster is Bristol's famous southern suburb. For many centuries it was a separate town and until 1831 in the county of Somerset."

http://www.bafhs.org.uk/bafhs-parishes/other-bafhs-parishes/52-bedminster

Bedminster maybe not pal, but Bristol yes. Now then......when the club was formed was Bedminster in the City & County of Bristol or in Somerset?  :yawn:

8 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Bedminster maybe not pal, but Bristol yes. Now then......when the club was formed was Bedminster in the City & County of Bristol or in Somerset?  :yawn:

Just checked and yep Bristol (the historical centre around Bristol bridge) became a city in 1373. But you're right Bedminster was a part of Bristol by the time BCFC was founded! :yes:

33 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

Build your own bloody underground! You can even call it the 'pie in the sky' network! ;) 

We don't even get the metrobus where I am. :( It's supposed to 'stop car use'. How the hell do I get to the nearest metrobus point then?  

Good luck to Yeovil, Utd are crap! :whistle:

27 minutes ago, harrys said:

And Brislington was part of Somerset up to not to long ago 

Aren't large areas of Bristol now parts of Kensington & Chelsea?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're definitely within the Bristol boundaries but at the same time fairly sure we have a strong following in bits of North Somerset... Quite a lot of City fans in Weston, Keynsham to name 2?

AND Ashton Gate is quite literally only yards away from the North Somerset border (less than 1 km)

29 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

I support Bristol City....not Brislington City. ;)

Just saying, Brislington, one of City’s biggest heartlands was in Somerset in living memory, Somerset cricket club even played some home games at the Imperial in Knowle

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're definitely within the Bristol boundaries but at the same time fairly sure we have a strong following in bits of North Somerset... Quite a lot of City fans in Weston, Keynsham to name 2?

That’s a fact that can’t be denied, but the club itself was founded in and still stands in the City and County of Bristol. Loads of Chelsea fans in Surrey too. 

Archived