IGNORED

Now Yeovil draw Man Utd

Leveller

5 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

That’s a fact that can’t be denied, but the club itself was founded in and still stands in the City and County of Bristol. Loads of Chelsea fans in Surrey too. 

Agreed.

I'm from Bristol myself, just saying our fanbase can stretch quite well. We're clearly Bristol though, no doubt.

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're definitely within the Bristol boundaries but at the same time fairly sure we have a strong following in bits of North Somerset... Quite a lot of City fans in Weston, Keynsham to name 2?

Agreed we've definitely got a far stronger following in Somerset than the blue few!   

8 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

I think the OP means MU are "coming back to Somerset",  having played at Yeovil 3 years ago.

Correct.

Though I also intended to refer to the site of our stadium being historically in Somerset, not Bristol, before the Reform Act of 1832!

21 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

We don't even get the metrobus where I am. :( It's supposed to 'stop car use'. How the hell do I get to the nearest metrobus point then? 

If only this statement could be printed on 10,000 pieces of paper, put into a timed explosive parcel, mailed to the council house and detonated once they were in session so that it rained all over their ignorant minds.

• Admin

Did anyone just see ITV West news? Yeovil put the last 200 tickets on sale this morning, the news interviewed 6 people, one guy said he was a lifelong Yeovil fan, the next FOUR all said they were united fans getting tickets in the home end, they even mentioned wearing Utd shirts. Amazing they were openly going to buy these tickets 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Did anyone just see ITV West news? Yeovil put the last 200 tickets on sale this morning, the news interviewed 6 people, one guy said he was a lifelong Yeovil fan, the next FOUR all said they were united fans getting tickets in the home end, they even mentioned wearing Utd shirts. Amazing they were openly going to buy these tickets 

Hope they get a few turnips shoved up their you know what ;)

I hear that's what they do in Yeovil 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I couldn't believe that it seemed anyone who turned up could buy tickets. Someone had three and another couple bought four.

But no details in the report, so perhaps other factors determining the sale.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Fully expect the lot of them to get a slap, even at Yeovil. Pricks.

30 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fully expect the lot of them to get a slap, even at Yeovil. Pricks.

Never underestimate the good folk of Somerset.....most of my family were from deepest, darkest Somerset....in the towns and villages down there they will welcome anyone with open arms, unless you decide you want to abuse their hospitality and act all big and clever.....

Archived