IGNORED

Manchester Pubs (Merged)

Declan2000

Been looking up a few ground guides and there's not a lot around the ground apparently, so any idea where everyone's going to be and where the main pubs are? Tempted to stick around one of either Victoria or Piccadilly as there's bound to be City fans getting off the trains and heading to pubs there.

And finally, as for seating in the ground I know it's been done to death but can everyone just do as they normally would at an away game. Rarely do you have people at your average away game shifting you from their seat. If you physically can't stand, head to the front, but if you can stand go wherever and I imagine you'd want to stand given the size of the game. 

COYR.

4 hours ago, BCFC J said:

today* I should say not tomorrow in the title. We go again.

Getting there early and heading towards print works, a bit out the way but plenty of pubs in a complex. Other than that as others have said deansgate area which isn’t that far from print works of memory serves we right 

6 hours ago, BCFC J said:

Been looking up a few ground guides and there's not a lot around the ground apparently, so any idea where everyone's going to be and where the main pubs are? Tempted to stick around one of either Victoria or Piccadilly as there's bound to be City fans getting off the trains and heading to pubs there.

And finally, as for seating in the ground I know it's been done to death but can everyone just do as they normally would at an away game. Rarely do you have people at your average away game shifting you from their seat. If you physically can't stand, head to the front, but if you can stand go wherever and I imagine you'd want to stand given the size of the game. 

COYR.

Get what you are saying regarding seating, but we rarely get 7000 travel and the do what you want approach might well see kids separated from patents.

Might be a more sensible idea to as people to move.

• The title was changed to Manchester Pubs (Merged)

There is a weatherspoons up by picc train station. I only mention it as it's pretty much the only place in manchester that sells thatchers. 

Personally id head to the northern quarter. 5 mins walk from the station and loads of bars about. Port street beer house is probably the pick if you like an ale.

Been based in Manchester for a few months now, Northern quarter is the best place to go, or head to one of the nearby wetherspoons if you fancy a cheap pint. I think there are a few spoons near picadilly gardens about a 15/20 min walk from the ground. There is also spinningfields or deansgate which is a bit classier if you're going out after the match. I personally recommend Cane and Grain in NQ, although you'll likely struggle to find a decent cider

Archived