IGNORED

Take a bow Bristol City

Lord Northski

Just reading through a few posts on the Manchester City forum and almost every post has been quite respectful of how we've done and the football we can play, but almost to a man, none of them expect to lose. The poll on their forum says that 95%+ expect a Man City victory (fair play to the 9 people who expect us to win) although some of these voters have names like Zider, so well done to you guys. It also appears that the Man City faithful aren't going to be turning up in very big numbers, presumably because they expect to win, but we're taking 7,000 all of which will shout their bloody faces off and will probably make more noise than the rest of the ground put together. 

Man City fans clearly believe they're already through to the final, they're already talking about final tickets. The last time someone underestimated us was Man Utd and José's so say, luck win against them. The only luck that night was that he and his team thought that all they had to do was turn up, be do a few tricks, and were through to the next round. 

The omens aren't good, you can't keep coming up against the richest team in the world, and then the best team in the world with only 12 semi fit players and expect to win all the time, but we can go out there and stick it up'em good and proper. Show the stupidly paid demi-gods that they're in a bloody game of football and that we're here to win the game too. We can play better, more beautiful football than anyone in our division and probably half the Premiership too, and I can't wait for tonights game.

I'm so bloody proud of what my club has done this season, so proud to be from Bristol. Just like the last round, every supporter of every other team in the country will be behind us tonight hoping that we can land one on them, nutmeg one of them and take the piss. 

Well done lads, this is one amazing season, go out there and enjoy yourself

It’s been a great run, I just feel upsetting UNited like we did will work against us because Pep will pay extra attention to us and will be more prepared. There’s no chance he’ll let his players “just turn up”

that said I agree with everything you’ve said, so proud to be a City fan and it’s been great having people who normally wouldn’t even know who we are take a bit of an interest and go out of their way to talk about us. I don’t think I’ve taken my City shirt off other than to go to work since that United win!

Proud whatever happens. I'm in Malta (absolutely football mad place) for the second time. The last time i visited in around 2002, their reaction to me saying I supported Bristol City was "who??". This time, it's "ahh, the conquerers of Manchester United, how do you think you'll do against City?" We will be on TV tonight in every bar here and no doubt countless places across the world as we take on one of the best sides Europe has seen.

We are making a name for ourselves and building something very special here. Hold your head up high guys, we've suffered 3 and a half decades of misery for these times!! Let's enjoy every moment and hope that the good times continue.

32 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It’s been a great run, I just feel upsetting UNited like we did will work against us because Pep will pay extra attention to us and will be more prepared. There’s no chance he’ll let his players “just turn up”

that said I agree with everything you’ve said, so proud to be a City fan and it’s been great having people who normally wouldn’t even know who we are take a bit of an interest and go out of their way to talk about us. I don’t think I’ve taken my City shirt off other than to go to work since that United win!

If we didn't upset United we wouldn't be playing City!

;)

2 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Just reading through a few posts on the Manchester City forum and almost every post has been quite respectful of how we've done and the football we can play, but almost to a man, none of them expect to lose. The poll on their forum says that 95%+ expect a Man City victory (fair play to the 9 people who expect us to win) although some of these voters have names like Zider, so well done to you guys. It also appears that the Man City faithful aren't going to be turning up in very big numbers, presumably because they expect to win, but we're taking 7,000 all of which will shout their bloody faces off and will probably make more noise than the rest of the ground put together. 

Man City fans clearly believe they're already through to the final, they're already talking about final tickets. The last time someone underestimated us was Man Utd and José's so say, luck win against them. The only luck that night was that he and his team thought that all they had to do was turn up, be do a few tricks, and were through to the next round. 

The omens aren't good, you can't keep coming up against the richest team in the world, and then the best team in the world with only 12 semi fit players and expect to win all the time, but we can go out there and stick it up'em good and proper. Show the stupidly paid demi-gods that they're in a bloody game of football and that we're here to win the game too. We can play better, more beautiful football than anyone in our division and probably half the Premiership too, and I can't wait for tonights game.

I'm so bloody proud of what my club has done this season, so proud to be from Bristol. Just like the last round, every supporter of every other team in the country will be behind us tonight hoping that we can land one on them, nutmeg one of them and take the piss. 

Well done lads, this is one amazing season, go out there and enjoy yourself

That's " prowed " , get it right please . We don't want to be a laughing stock.

I don't think Mourinho underestimated us at all actually OP. That would be disingenuous to him and smack of sloppiness.. He is no sloppy manager.

And because he didn't it makes the win against them all the more remarkable. We won it because we were the better team.

Man City have shown they are a completely different animal this season. I hope we limit their goals to 2 today. It might give us a sniff of a chance at the Gate. 

That said, they do have off days like all of us and the ball is round so anything can theoretically happen. Our large support will make a difference.

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I don't think Mourinho underestimated us at all actually OP. That would be disingenuous to him and smack of sloppiness.. He is no sloppy manager.

And because he didn't it makes the win against them all the more remarkable. We won it because we were the better team.

Man City have shown they are a completely different animal this season. I hope we limit their goals to 2 today. It might give us a sniff of a chance at the Gate. 

That said, they do have off days like all of us and the ball is round so anything can theoretically happen. Our large support will make a difference.

In the interests of balance I hope they limit our goals to 3. 

What a thought. That’s got the adrenaline running ! 

Archived