IGNORED

Song for Sterling

Gert Mare

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I will never get why people hate Sterling so much. Good player and really come into his own under pep. Probably England’s best player this year outside of Harry Kane

He seems like a bit of a moron as a person but easily England’s most improved player. Pep has worked wonders on him. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I will never get why people hate Sterling so much. Good player and really come into his own under pep. Probably England’s best player this year outside of Harry Kane

Before Pep he was a bit tired and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. All pace and 1 finish in 20 (just like Junior Bent). Admittedly he has improved vastly under Pep (unlike Junior unfortunately) but it's a party and it's a bit of fun. Let's face it, it is extremely unlikely that we will win against Man City over 2 legs, so we may as well just have a bit of fun!

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He seems like a bit of a moron as a person but easily England’s most improved player. Pep has worked wonders on him. 

Is he or do the press just like taking pops at him?  To me he seems a fairly grounded chap who also shares his wealth with family.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I am not even sure he is a moron. I do not follow him closely to know for sure. I know he had some things surround him in the past but he has only just turned 23(almost 2 full years younger than Bobby Reid). Perhaps he was just an immature teenager that got thrust into stardom early? For him to be where he is now and performing to the level he is, it would tell me he isn’t that much of a moron. 

2 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Before Pep he was a bit tired and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. All pace and 1 finish in 20 (just like Junior Bent). Admittedly he has improved vastly under Pep (unlike Junior unfortunately) but it's a party and it's a bit of fun. Let's face it, it is extremely unlikely that we will win against Man City over 2 legs, so we may as well just have a bit of fun!

No doubt. Didn’t mean it to be a pop at you. Just in general. He gets booed an awful lot from everyone when he touches the ball and that is anywhere he plays not just Man U or Liverpool. Just a weird one for me. Guess he just plays a bit of a villain role like Dele Alli. Though think Dele gets much more slack than he should. 

People don't like the kid because the media painted him in a bad way when he moved from Liverpool to City. 

So what if he did want more money, 99% of players would make that move but it seems he gets more negative media coverage than most.

Won't see Sanchez getting treated similarly when he leaves for them this month. 

Have a look at this thread on the Man United forum of all places about the unfair coverage he gets. 

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-media-and-their-treatment-of-raheem-sterling.425985/

Garbage reporting. 

IMG_9951.JPG

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Is he or do the press just like taking pops at him?  To me he seems a fairly grounded chap who also shares his wealth with family.

From interviews I have read recently he does seem to have 'grown-up' significantly. Came across as a really grounded and committed young man. 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Totally agree certainly England's most improved player. Before Pep he was woeful, couldn't understand why he was being picked for England. Yes he had pace but his first touch was awful and it was only his pace for me that was getting him in the team. Enter Pep and he has transformed him in to a goal scorer. It might have been a confidence thing but you can't he is now a world class player.

8 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No doubt. Didn’t mean it to be a pop at you. Just in general. He gets booed an awful lot from everyone when he touches the ball and that is anywhere he plays not just Man U or Liverpool. Just a weird one for me. Guess he just plays a bit of a villain role like Dele Alli. Though think Dele gets much more slack than he should. 

Does he ****.

Alli is a wannabe thug with an attitude who regularly puts in some viscously late tackles.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah it's not that funny or clever because it's so niche. I would also say most people under 30 wouldn't necessarily remember him.

Yeah I’m under 30 and even though I was watching city in the mid 90s I can’t remember him!

4 minutes ago, DaveF said:

He’s a current City player and a Bosnian international so there’s slightly more chance of them knowing who he is!

Bent played in the side that beat Liverpool at Anfield, so have to disagree about the niche thing...

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Bent played in the side that beat Liverpool at Anfield, so have to disagree about the niche thing...

You’re right, I’m sure loads of Man City fans and Raheem Sterling remember our line up against Liverpool back in 1994.

3 minutes ago, DaveF said:

You’re right, I’m sure loads of Man City fans and Raheem Sterling remember our line up against Liverpool back in 1994.

They don't need to! Christ there must be plenty of young'uns on here! Makes I feel very old!

Junior was the original Raheem, and only cost £30k.

He's on YouTube, City v Liverpool and against Swindle when he ran like a gazelle from his own half to score.

Archived