IGNORED

The 7860

RaspberryRed

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Everyone stood up, everyone gave it their all. We looked like a proper away crowd tonight. 

Hopefully more get the away day bug now. 

Exactly. If anyone ever tries to argue that there’s no difference to atmosphere when you sit down at an away game - this will be the example for the counter argument.

Really proud of our support tonight. They did their bit. 

Was at the other end. City loud throughout and  very, very loud at points. Must have kept the 11 on the field going as their legs started to turn to jelly.  

Didn’t think Man City were all that bad, just a typical home crowd when team playing rubbish (by their standards). A few decent choruses of Blue Moon, but Red City won the singing battle easily.  

6C98AE39-8E90-40F8-8544-27A00021EBD8.jpeg

Was watching from a "neutral" non-West Country pub tonight and I just want to amplify the OP comments .

You've done us proud, babbers. 

Bloke stood next to me said: "Jesus! You boys make some noise don't you? !"

Making Bristol proud in the most genuine way ever!

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Huge well done to the support. Came across so loudly on the TV. 

Surreal yet proud to hear the 'Thatchers Gold' song loud and clear.

Support was magnificent tonight, you should all be very proud. 

Also such a nice surprise to see almost everyone stood for the whole game! That's proper away support. Makes a difference.

You all played your part in that result, a very honourable defeat with all to play for.

Well done to the 7860; the 12th man.

The 12th, 13th, 14th... 7892nd man surely ;) 

Best night I’ve had watching City away for many years. The wall of noise from the away end was relentless, I don’t think it stopped at any point all night. Absolutely fantastic. 

I’ve never been prouder to be a red than I am this morning. With this team, coach and the togetherness throughout the whole club we’re really going places this season. 

Interesting (And was thinking about your views on Away fans @Phileas Fogg :thumbsup:) how , even with 7600 they tried to minimise our impact - upper two tiers up in the Gods 

and

Unless I’ve gone crackers - our two tiers was the only part of the ground not ‘lit up’

Am I Right ? Or gone crackers ?

I was amazed that as far as I could see every City fan was stood roaring the side on for every second from when the players emerged until the final whistle

Amazing and awesome to see

:clapping:

7 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

A night I won't be forgetting anytime soon. 

Got back shortly after 3am, and watched it back on the box straight away. 

Thank you fellow reds, for a very special night. :clap:

Up there with the best away support I’ve ever witnessed

So many striking similarities to the Forest Away Semi (Hich shades over Anfield) for me , in not only the support but the gutsy performance

( I knew we were loud but when I watched my sky recording I couldn’t believe how loud we sounded and how we totally bossed the support battle - Well done all , never seen such a high percentage of fans getting stuck in :clapping:)

20 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

To the 7680

Kudos to you all. It’s going to be a monumental time for you all, making history becoming the largest ever travelling support in that wonderful stadiums 15 year history.

Tonight you represent so many kindred Brothers and sisters ,Fine people Who all worship at the same Temple that is Bristol City football Club

The diversity of the people you represent ranges vastly from those dotted around the world in some of the most far flung places to those too young or too Old.

Those that couldn’t get the tickets through to those that maybe suffering an illness, disability all the way through to those that couldn’t justify the expense or don’t have that spare money. Those that will be dotted around in pubs and bars in the UK and around the world. We are with you, we are unified we ARE Bristol City

We will be watching and listening, shouting and singing along with you to support those 11 (And subs and staff) who will be giving their all for OUR club

Have a wonderful night. Roar On the boys in front of a global audience and be proud that you support the Only Team in Bristol

COYR

Have a safe Night and a safe journey home

Touch of the Shakespeares there, methinks ;) Seriously, I agree with every word. You did us proud, as did the team.

Sometimes with such a large support spread across the whole end AND two tiers, the atmosphere can suffer - often you’ll have one group singing one song in the top left, another group singing another song bottom right etc. But for some unknown reason it just all seemed to come together last night, with almost every song spreading across the whole away end. Very very good. 

Archived