IGNORED

Liam Walsh

Gimme Shelton

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

If you were building an ideal Bristol City player, I think he’d look a lot like Liam Walsh

That’s both a compliment to him and to us - how nice is it to have such a strong identity and clear way of playing?!

That's exactly what Liam Rosenior was saying on The Debate last night. These results are no fluke, every City player has been coached in a specific way of playing and it almost doesn't matter who we play as we enforce our identity onto them and he wishes more clubs would do this.

10 minutes ago, Ian M said:

That's exactly what Liam Rosenior was saying on The Debate last night. These results are no fluke, every City player has been coached in a specific way of playing and it almost doesn't matter who we play as we enforce our identity onto them and he wishes more clubs would do this.

I really liked Liam Rosenier on there last night. Seemed very intelligent and considered, expressed his thoughts really well. 

Very promising start for him. Calm in tight spaces, great touch and passed with both feet. Sounds simple but when you have those kind of traits the game will look easy. Looks like a steal and like he may be more 1st team ready than many(including myself) thought. Still early though but very promising. 

Just watched the full game back

Magnificent display ; truly magnificent

Rewatched the point from when Walsh joined the fray and specifically watched his every move

Excellent

Loved his awareness , constantly checking over his shoulder etc  for runners and danger , and filling holes , busy and neat 

Looks to be a genuine mix of Korey and Marlon - busy and aware defensively , likes a tackle and comfortable on the ball and a very decent passer

Without getting too carried away on a short cameo I think it looks we’ve got a very nice capable piece of the jigsaw

:clapping:

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Rewatched the point from when Walsh joined the fray and specifically watched his every move

Excellent

Loved his awareness , checking over his boulder condpstantly for runners and danger and filling holes , busy and neat 

Looks to be a genuine mix of Korey and Marlon - busy and aware defensively and comfortable on the ball and a very decent passer

Without getting too carried away on a short cameo I think it looks we’ve got a very nice capable piece of the jigsaw

Do you mean John Stones?

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Excellent

Loved his awareness , constantly checking over his shoulder etc  for runners and danger , and filling holes , busy and neat 

Looks to be a genuine mix of Korey and Marlon - busy and aware defensively , likes a tackle and comfortable on the ball and a very decent passer

One of his few first touches, if not the first touch, was a lovely dink over a Man City player to someone on our right IIRC - and I thought, ooh yes!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Excellent

I thought the same and I assume he was brought in for this reason, our future central midfield for the next 8 years could be Brownhill and Walsh, its early days yet but I would like to see them play a whole 90 together without Korey or Pack in an early round cup game next season. I think we could be onto a great succession plan here.

I was impressed by his performance last night. Kept the ball well and when he did have it he was looking forward and trying to get us on the attack. That’s not really something we have in our CMs. So far so good and for a measly 1 million it seems like a good deal! We were always going to be on to a winner if he was a youngster that Cotts overlooked. 

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I thought the same and I assume he was brought in for this reason, our future central midfield for the next 8 years could be Brownhill and Walsh, its early days yet but I would like to see them play a whole 90 together without Korey or Pack in an early round cup game next season. I think we could be onto a great succession plan here.

Smith and Pack are here to stay for some time I think.  Why are people so quick to wish away 2 of the rocks on which our success has been built??

8 minutes ago, Negan said:

I was impressed by his performance last night. Kept the ball well and when he did have it he was looking forward and trying to get us on the attack. That’s not really something we have in our CMs. So far so good and for a measly 1 million it seems like a good deal! We were always going to be on to a winner if he was a youngster that Cotts overlooked. 

What, like Korey Smith?

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Since when does another club's manager 'tell' the current manager who to sign.

Cotts was City manager and made the decision, or at the very least agreed, to have him here

Lee Johnson told our club to sign him, doesn’t mean we have to but it would have alerted us at the very least. You can dig it up in one of the interviews from last season, think it might have been after Korey signed a new contract. 

15 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Smith and Pack are here to stay for some time I think.  Why are people so quick to wish away 2 of the rocks on which our success has been built??

Dont get me wrong I hope they are here for at least another 2 seasons but at that point they will be at peak value and I assume the club will look to balance the books with them leaving (hopefully we will be in the prem and this will be a moot point).

All I was trying to draw attention to was the active succession planning that appears to be going on at the moment based on our club strategy.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Can anyone find a full video of the match to watch? I know bcfc upload it but I'm incredibly inpatient and I wanna watch Walsh's 18 minutes. Don't have it recorded on sky 

Type in Bristol city vs Manchester City replay into google and you'll find one easily enough. Just look for a website with a dodgy name. I watched it this morning in HD from one of the sites 

Was too nervous to focus on individuals for the last 20 but just watching it back, Liam Walsh looks a cracking little player. Composed passing, makes runs off the ball, very aware of what is around him, and bags of energy. Another really good body for central midfield.

Following @BobBobSuperBob's suggestion, I followed a link from the Everton forum.

The first clip shows young LW scoring, but also shows a fine goal from another Everton youngster currently on loan to Nottingham Forest - also destined, in my opinion, to greater things.

The second clip is devoted to Liam Walsh - 17 minutes, but judge for yourself.

On 09/01/2018 at 22:22, Super said:

Expect him to start on saturday

Bench i reckon but he looked lively in his short time on the pitch. Only a matter of time before he starts.

On 09/01/2018 at 22:28, Garland-sweden said:

No, dont Think so.  He will be good for us.

Middle of the park backward pass .. Gave it away I seem to recall.

On 09/01/2018 at 22:56, RaspberryRed said:

Also been far too long since watching a decent 'Walshy' grace AG. Wonder if he has the trademark Walsh Shuffle :whistle:

In the warm up some of the forward players were taking shots at goal. A ball was rolled into him but it came at the wrong angle for his run so instead of aborting he switched the shot to his other foot by bringing it around the back of the other.. It has a name as someone will tell me but it was a very nice confident piece of skill.. The ball, with power went narrowly over the bar.

37 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Bench i reckon but he looked lively in his short time on the pitch. Only a matter of time before he starts.

In the warm up some of the forward players were taking shots at goal. A ball was rolled into him but it came at the wrong angle for his run so instead of aborting he switched the shot to his other foot by bringing it around the back of the other.. It has a name as someone will tell me but it was a very nice confident piece of skill.. The ball, with power went narrowly over the bar.

That's the Rabona, Hava.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Glad someone's else mentioned it,but too many backward passes- and when receiving the Ball in a tight spot too ready to instantly fire it straight back at his own back four without too much of a glance!

Having said that a very promising player but with quite a learning curve ahead of him...can see why we brought him in.

Someone behind me at the match made a comment I thought was interesting and true. They expressed surprise he was making his debut against ManC and said it was a measure of just how much LJ trusted him and how he must be held in such high regard. I think we will see a lot of him, players that good don’t sit on the bench.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Someone behind me at the match made a comment I thought was interesting and true. They expressed surprise he was making his debut against ManC and said it was a measure of just how much LJ trusted him and how he must be held in such high regard. I think we will see a lot of him, players that good don’t sit on the bench.

Makes you wonder why Birmingham werent playing the lad, looked more than capable at that level.

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Makes you wonder why Birmingham werent playing the lad, looked more than capable at that level.

Some managers have a stubborn streak. Cuts of nose to spite face I think the saying is?

I’m reading this thread and horrible memories are flooding back to me.

Its almost a carbon copy of the Leko thread after the Derby game.

Please God do not smite us with ones holy powers and grace us with a player who has more than 1 good game. 

P.S I like what you’ve done with the world and all that but did you get tired when you were making Whorefield? Place is a sh!thole.  

Archived